[BBC News] Patrols to tackle firework misuse

Newsbot

I think a lot of people will fall foul of the permitted days for fireworks this year as the way the day has fallen, this Saturday fireworks are banned. I know of two hastily re-arranged fireworks parties already now people have started to realise this.

Ironic - the gun powder plot was all about people in Britain being persecuted.

Whilst I am happy for the obvious irresponsible thoughtless chavs etc. misusing fireworks to be dealt with, there are still a lot of responsible people e.g. divorced dads etc. out there, who only get to see their kids at weekends, and only then get the chance to set their fireworks off.

I'm confused - remind me again, do we celebrate bonfire night for the capture of a traitor, or the blowing up of the government :lol:

I thinks it's terrible that we're no longer allowed to light 'bangers' and push them through someone's letterbox. Where's everyone's sense of humour gone? :ph34r:

[Actually, for those old enough to remember, a 'flip-flop' was much better!]

This year was a vast improvement on previous years. You would get fireworks going off for days before the 5. November. This year I think I heard just one on Tuesday night. Lots last night which was fine, but my dog still cowered in his basket all night. Hopefully there wont be many if any tonight.

Still think fireworks should only be on sale to the general public on the 5. November. If you want to use them at other times, such as for a celebration (wedding, etc.) then a license has to be obtained before you can buy them.

I'm confused - remind me again, do we celebrate bonfire night for the capture of a traitor, or the blowing up of the government

Guido Fawkes - the only man to enter the Houses of Parliament with honest intent...

Archived