Boe Reduce Bank Rate

manshimajin

BoE have announced a 1.5% reduction in the UK bank rate to 3%

1.5% Rate Cut

AT - you and I both got it wrong.

Will be important to see if this gets passed on to business and individuals as quickly as it does to depositors.

ECB have reduced € rates by 0.5% to 3.25%

Great news.

Posted in the other thread. It's only good news for borrowers if the rate gets passed on. Sadly, the boe tracker deals have started to dissapear, and the SVR's are still high because the libor rate is high still, though dropping.

If you're a saver, its dire news.

Great news.

Posted in the other thread. It's only good news for borrowers if the rate gets passed on. Sadly, the boe tracker deals have started to dissapear, and the SVR's are still high because the libor rate is high still, though dropping.

If you're a saver, its dire news.

Not realy as the banks need money and one of their biggest sources is the saver, they can't afford for savers to leave therefore the savings rate is not falling much so has to keep savings accounts

• 2 weeks later...
Just got the letter today from IOM Bank. They're passing the full 1½ cut on to me - w00t!

I got a letter from the abbey, they're passing the full 1 and 1/2 cut with effect from December, the last month of my tracker deal. I'm sure the letter was smirking.

Just got the letter today from IOM Bank. They're passing the full 1½ cut on to me - w00t!

I got a letter from the abbey, they're passing the full 1 and 1/2 cut with effect from December, the last month of my tracker deal. I'm sure the letter was smirking.

Halifax have done the same to me. Trying to get a new deal with them has been like pulling teeth this time. Every time I go to sign up, they've changed all the bloody deals again.

Archived