[BBC News] Fatal warning over unlocked cars

Newsbot

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A police officer in the Isle of Man warns drivers that leaving keys in cars could result in fatal accidents.

I thought it was scrotes stealing cars that could result in fatal accidents....oh of course it's always someone elses fault.

If they could guarantee the scroats would die in a crash I would go and buy and old banger and leave the keys in it just to help out.

So. You'd *actually* wish death upon someone for nicking a car ?

Heaven help anyone who really crossed you.

How's the glasshouse, by the way ?...

...GOMH*...

I should be able to leave my keys in my car without stressing that someone will take it.

It's not really a case of "should be able to" though is it? That's, unfortunately, not how life works.

I should have been able to leave my car unlocked overnight in Scarlet Road, Castletown without some tosser stealing the cd player front, my cd wallet and my glasses. (perscription ones, not sunglasses!) Rest assured, I've made sure my car's been locked ever since.

I agree with Sarah though, the best motivation should be " so it won't get nicked"!

If they could guarantee the scroats would die in a crash I would go and buy and old banger and leave the keys in it just to help out.

The only trouble with your view is that the "scroats" may kill an innocent person/s whilst out in your banger (however I am sure you were only messing)!!

I really love this Inspector who makes these random type of statements, it's like saying if you leave your front door open someone will go in and steal your possesions or if you leave your wallet on a counter and walk away, your wallet will be nicked!!!!!!!!!

Last Ten

Leaving your keys in the car could lead to your insurance company not paying out if it gets nicked, because you haven't taken reasonable care make it secure.

I don't understand why these days anyone would choose to leave their car unlocked, or the key in it. How long does it take to lock a door, couple of seconds at most?

Archived