[BBC News] Fatal warning over unlocked cars

Newsbot

on a side note hboy, if you learn how to relax a little on these forums, that might help a little.

I prefer to just dislike I find it quicker and easier than getting to know someone and then subsequently finding out that they are the prick I suspected them to be all along.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This type of pc (politically correct, not necessarily police) no-blame, touchy feely, namby-pamby, beige-cardigan-with-leather-elbow-patches-wearing comment really pi$$es me off.

The comment should be "Just because the car has the keys left in doesn't give you the right to take it, you to$$er. If it's not yours then leave it alone, toerag".

So, if someone comes into my house and takes the carving knife out of the kitchen drawer and stabs me then it is my fault for encouraging him/her by having a knife to hand ??

If someone takes a stone from the garden and smashes my window it's my fault for daring to have a rockery ??

This is another prime example of why the police don't get the respect they used to get.

nope... my second-hand old car cost me £300.

Reading your posts I think that is utterly irresponsible. You own an old car that you never lock because you can't be bothered - what a joyrider magnet that is. I wonder if you'd feel the same way if some chav stole it and mowed someone down on a zebra crossing. Well it was a pile of crap; not my fault I just can't be arsed locking it and I don't care if its stolen as its not insured for that. Shame about the accident though.

nope... my second-hand old car cost me £300.

Reading your posts I think that is utterly irresponsible. You own an old car that you never lock because you can't be bothered - what a joyrider magnet that is. I wonder if you'd feel the same way if some chav stole it and mowed someone down on a zebra crossing. Well it was a pile of crap; not my fault I just can't be arsed locking it and I don't care if its stolen as its not insured for that. Shame about the accident though.

Why would he have to feel guilty? If he wasn't driving then it's not his fault.

The fault would be with the scrote that stole the car not the car's owner whether it was locked, unlocked or left with the engine running with a sign in the window saying "Steal Me".

We should be able to leave our cars unlocked or running without some scrote nicking them or our houses unlocked without someone coming in.

The blame lies fully with the miscreant not the car/home owner.

You should be able to do what you wish with your own property withouting some little $hit stealing/tampering with it.

This is another prime example of the no blame/not my fault/somebody else's fault society we live in these days where no-one takes responsibility for their own actions and will more than likely tell you to f*ck off rather than say sorry. Read Lynne Truss's book Talk To The Hand as she sums up modern society perfectly with the expression "The Eff Off Reflex" which I have just mentioned in the previous sentence (f-off rather than sorry).

Why would he have to feel guilty? If he wasn't driving then it's not his fault.

Err, go back and read the whole point of the thread.

That is what the police are saying, I was trying to have a joke at their expense.

Never mind - well over some peoples' heads.

Fair enough, but that's the problem with forums (which should really be fora in the plural but hey-ho :rolleyes: ). You cannot be sure whether people are serious or not.

Perhaps use the smilies next time and then people can tell that it is a pi$$-take. :D

Archived