The Following Error(s) Were Found

Declan

WITNESSES to a 'potentially serious incident' in Hillside Terrace, Douglas, are sought. At 6.35am this morning (Thursday, November 6) a man dressed in only a pair of jeans was seen to be chased by another man, who was fully dressed, from the lane at the back of Belmont Terrace, Douglas. They headed in the direction of Westmoreland Road.

Police have confirmed that two males have been arrested and are helping them with their enquiries.

Sergeant Gary Heaton of the Douglas Neighbourhood Policing Team said: 'Following a disagreement early this morning, one of the men has chased the other from a property into the lane behind Belmont Terrace while carrying a large knife.

'No person was injured during this incident and police have recovered two knives from the area. No other members of the public were threatened or hurt during this time.

Anyone with information should contact Police Headquarters on 631212.

Police are asking that a randy park keeper, a little old man, an irate husband, a naughty school boy, a nun, a milkman, a nurse in an improbably skimpy uniform, a man in a grubby mac, a horny traffic warden, and several young ladies described by police as "right crackers", who were in the vacinity at the time to come forward.

Police have also issued this

Meanwhile, police are also hunting for a short-sighted bongo player in connection with the severe concussing of a bald-headed man.

I bet you've been waiting ages to use that clip!!

Good though.

I didn't realise that former long-time Island resident Ronnie Aldrich was the musical director of the Benny Hill Show.

And was that a forum member who is listed as the Film Editor at 1:06 (no!)

If I had more time I would use that Yakkety Sax soundtrack with a video of all those people in silly hats, tights, gowns and wigs traipsing up Tynwald Hill. In 1.5 fast motion too of course.

Mmmhh, maybe I will . . . maybe I will.

Archived