Hed Kandi - New Years Eve 08 @ Paramount City

Paramount

The Big One....New Years Eve 2008 at Paramount City!!!

Hed Kandi Presents...The Grand Circus

The most gorgeous show on earth is coming to town....

Hed Kandi Resident Paul Centellas will be spinning the tunes and taking us into the new year!!!

DJ's

Paul Centellas

Ricky Rooney

Jason Quinn

Dress Code - Circus Chic

20:00 - 03:00

(Last Admssion 22:30)

Ages 18 & Over

Tickets on Sale From Friday 14th November Priced £15 from...

Paramount City, Queens Promenade

Clinches Tapas Bar, North Quay

Esquires, Strand Shopping Centre

Ticket Reservations - 01624 622447

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phuff. Its all a bit too little too late, well at my age ofc it is. These kind of nights SHOULD and could have been happening years ago but they didnt and mostly because of the crappy Manx bureaucracy and the likes of that MENA carry on, I wouldnt go to Paramount if it was the last club in Europe. Funny old world the Isle Of Man.

Phuff. Its all a bit too little too late, well at my age ofc it is. These kind of nights SHOULD and could have been happening years ago but they didnt and mostly because of the crappy Manx bureaucracy and the likes of that MENA carry on, I wouldnt go to Paramount if it was the last club in Europe. Funny old world the Isle Of Man.

These kind of nights were happening years ago. They stopped happening regularly because they stopped attracting crowds.

Fair do's to Paramount for putting something on for NYE - and for such a reasonable price - I hope its a success for them..

In order for these events to be successful there needs to be a 'scene' on the Island. People need to get back in the habit of going out and understanding the music that's being played at these occasional events..

Although I'm no longer involved in the local Club scene, I'm still interested in what's going on. When I speak to people they tell me how they have been away to festivals and Club nights in the UK.

I know the Island will never match the shear choice and flavour of the UK Club scene, but the way I see it - its not even trying..

Happy New Year :)

• 2 weeks later...
Fair do's to Paramount for putting something on for NYE - and for such a reasonable price - I hope its a success for them..

In order for these events to be successful there needs to be a 'scene' on the Island. People need to get back in the habit of going out and understanding the music that's being played at these occasional events..

Although I'm no longer involved in the local Club scene, I'm still interested in what's going on. When I speak to people they tell me how they have been away to festivals and Club nights in the UK.

I know the Island will never match the shear choice and flavour of the UK Club scene, but the way I see it - its not even trying..

Happy New Year :)

haha good to see the club scene is as much in the shit as the band scene. People bang on about the need to promote more and attract the crowds in.. I say lets start by lynching the guy at the outback and switching people onto half decent and contemporary music. Whether it's dance, D&B, IDM, Metal, shoegaze or whatever. Lets get educating people. then atleast they won't stand for hearing build me up fucking buttercup and that sodding bryan adams remix :P

Archived