Internal Doors

WilDDog

Hi all, has anyone changed any internal double doors lately? I'm looking for a couple to divide the lounge and dining room as the ones that are there need changing, so I've been told.

If you could tell me where you bought yours or know where to get them I'd be most greatful. I know Magnets sell them but I was looking for more choice.

Thanks

WD

Who told you they need changing and why?

and there's cardboard ones in *&*

If you want a something like a Colonial style door which is pressed, they're all cardbord. No-matter where you buy them.

A Flush ply door is also made the same no-matter where you buy them.

Timber doors are made slightly different whether is paint grade or varnish/stain grade. Both are mass produced with shoite timber.

B&Q are about the cheapest, if not the cheapest. As long as you just want a standard door and they don't need to much taken off them to fit, they should be ok.

Cant you just use normal internal doors and put a bit of beading down the edge where they meet in the middle?

There's usually enought on the stile off a standard door to rebate it anyway. The locksets only need about 10mm to take keeper and latch conversion sets. As long as the opening is set out to accomidate a rebate that is. If not a beading could be used as quoted.

Most internal door core structure is the same so price is usually how many the company buys from the manafacturer.

Halden Fisher = expensive

Qualtroughs = not to bad

magnet = vastly overpriced.

Imo anyway.

Hope this helps.

Who told you they need changing and why?

Umm, that would be the wife mate because she doesn't like the ones that are there and she wants new ones :(

Thanks for the replies.

If I need things doing about the house I tend to go and buy the things required myself, that way 'poor Mr Bees' cannot get into trouble for picking the wrong item - I see you are not as cunning as he :) Anything wood is definitely worth a visit to Qualtroughs, most friendly staff and extremely helpful regards delivery etc, Haldane Fisher treated me like a 'stupid woman' & were not helpful at all, MFBP are good and nice maybe they would have some.

If I need things doing about the house I tend to go and buy the things required myself, that way 'poor Mr Bees' cannot get into trouble for picking the wrong item - I see you are not as cunning as he :) Anything wood is definitely worth a visit to Qualtroughs, most friendly staff and extremely helpful regards delivery etc, Haldane Fisher treated me like a 'stupid woman' & were not helpful at all, MFBP are good and nice maybe they would have some.

Well Mrs Bees, I am as cunning as Mr Bees because all I wanted to know was where is the best place to get them.

C'mon now do you really think I'd go out and buy them myself? Not bloody likely because whatever I picked would be wrong :) The decision on which doors will be entirley up to her indoors.

Hi all, has anyone changed any internal double doors lately? I'm looking for a couple to divide the lounge and dining room as the ones that are there need changing, so I've been told.

If you could tell me where you bought yours or know where to get them I'd be most greatful. I know Magnets sell them but I was looking for more choice.

Thanks

WD

Hey,

I used bifold doors to divide the lounge and dining room.

Well, I bough those bifold doors from DoorsandMore.

Archived