[BBC News] Half electric blankets fail test

Newsbot

Almost half of all electric blankets fail a safety test on the Isle of Man.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7721914.stm

Are these tests carried out by people who have electric blankets to sell, perchance?

And if not, what are the Trading Standards people doing about the massive number of faulty blankets being sold on the island? If they really are unsafe, then this is a major hazard, and the importation of shoddy blankers should be stopped.

S

I wish you would read stories before commenting HP.

As they were tested in fire stations it would seem pretty obvious they are used and taken by their owners for checking. There is no specification as to what the faults were either, it is not unusual for a plug to come loose. Also these things do wear out have been laid upon for some time.

As vouchers against new purchase were given out I fail to see why a seller would get involved, unless they were for a specific outlet.

Like the idea of electrocuting animals though by giving them the faulty blankets, just hope nobody plugs them in.

my comment was not on the conspiricy theory that they where failed on purpose, but more that they did fail and if they where new blankets , this would be a danger off being sold dodgy blankets.. in standing with teh sebrof comment before.. so maybe you should read more carefully your self young sir

Archived