Fm 2009

Tearz

Football Manager 2009 is due to be released at the end of the week. Is anyone planning on picking this up?

I have been playing the demo and the main difference between 08/09 is the 3d match engine, which although a bit of a novelty at first doesn't in my opinion add a terrible amount to the game - apart from perhaps increased frustration at watching your team defend like headless chickens in more infuriating detail than before.

The increased system requirements to even get the game running are bound to prove unpopular for laptop users.

I've pre-ordered it all the same as it's something to keep me occupied over the winter months.

Does anyone play 08 network games? beejay103 and myself have had a couple of epic games in the past and it'd be good to include more people going forward. Problem being finding a time that suits everyone to play I suppose!

From playing the Demo the jury's still out on the new 3D match engine

Great to see a well worked goal or a total screamer but when it sucks up the entire resources of your system and the graphics are that of Fifa 96 it's a bit infuriating

My PC only just manages to play the thing but a new FM is the best thing ever so i'll play it regardless

Archived