Heh

Mission

Pissed, I switched my Playstation on last night (around this time) and loaded up Formula 1 97. Not the best game in the world graphically but I like it because the car does what I want it to.

Anyway, I loaded my settings for Interlagos, qualified and beat my best ever lap time on the third lap (which previously was a sober lap btw).

It got me thinking, all of the high scores I've achieved in the arcade on the forum have been late at night, when I've had copious amounts of alcohol in my system.

Does this work for anyone else when they're gaming?

Heh, I had to rename myself - it's the nearest I'll get to racing an F1 car!

The commentary from Murry Walker just doesn't sound the same though. I wish there was an option where he actually says your name, that would be ace. :)

Nah, there's a fine line between pissed and being able to control a 200mph F1 car and just too pissed and spinning it off the track at each corner. I'd like to think I could hear him saying my name but I'd rather have the lap time.

I think I can remember having F1 97

touch the grass with your wheels = spin?

I can remember loving the commentary at the time, but like you say I'd imagine it's not quite so hot 8 years down the line!

Archived