Left 4 Dead

Virtual_Boy

• 2 weeks later...

got this yesterday, as co-op titles go this is fantastic...played through each of the campaigns last nite with randoms and had a right laugh...tried briefly the versus mode ( where you get to play as one of the infected ) but couldn't really get into it.

just an example from the campaign mode last nite ( first game I played!! )

the 4 survivors are walking through a dimly lit subway tunnel we've been working well as a team throughout the level when suddenly the music changes and we hear crying;

"everyone turn off the fcukin' torches, there's a witch around here somewhere" says Bill

"fcuk that" shouts Zoey and proceeds to hunt down one of the toughest opponents in the game!

unwittingly she doesn't hear the boomer that is lurking in a corner, gets covered in bile and attracts the horde!

10seconds laters hundreds of sprinting undead have swarmed her, she's dead and there's nothing we can do about it...we've got a hunter to deal with, as well as the horde; molotovs and pipebombs are thrown, guns are fired almost constantly for nearly a minute until there is nothing left standing but the 3 remaining 3 survivors...we slowly start making our way through the tunnel to the safe room when...

"SHIIIIT TAAAAAANK"

that kind of experience was happening in every chapter of every movie that i played through, only difference being the locales, the enemies faced and the team mates...

awesome stuff, right up there with Resitance2's co-op and gears2 co-op maybe even surpassing them both for the sheer fun of it

You're not convinced because you've pretty much given up being anything but a cardigan wearing front room console gamer. You like Gears, we get it. Leave us proper gamers to get on with L4D.

L4D is awesome. I've got a session planned with mates tonight and I'm already looking forward to setting off car alarms, shooting witches and generally doing all the things my mates don't want me to.

Also, not safe for work in the slightest but please do listen to this at home with the volume up. No video to it, so close your eyes and picture the scene :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8tE93Vx8Q

i see where you're coming from Slim, which is why I didn't buy on day of release but the AI director Valve have designed for this is gonna keep things interesting, plus there are rumour of more maps on dlc ( the mall from romero's classic is already confirmed i believe!! )...

ans were you playing last nite ( is your gamertag anno?? )

L4D is awesome, even when ans does charge up to the witch like a lunatic or decides to stand his ground against a charging tank - it's bloody amusing!

I think Valve have really nailed the 4 person team strategy, and the versus brings a new twist to the game too. We just need the community to create

more maps and the server stability problems will be solved soon by patching.

Archived