Ice Rink

Guest Eventsiom

I for one wish you every success with the whole project. Its fantastic to see a company with vision and one prepared to put their money behind it (despite the inevitable Manx crabs which always surround such things round these parts). Its also refreshing to see things happen outside of Douglas. Who knows this may provide the inspiration for other town's not least Douglas to "get on with it !"

If youve been to Belfast, Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds recently then it shows we've got some considerable catching up to do !

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a great attraction to take my Daughter this Xmas... Just thought it may be a little small one. but sould like a decent size so I will deffo be making the 15 min trip down south, as the more facilities we have ISALND WIDE the better.

Jehova.. my Family are from Port Erin... I grew up in Peel, just happen to live in Douglas...

Please don't hold that against me

^_^

Guest Eventsiom
Sounds like a great attraction to take my Daughter this Xmas... Just thought it may be a little small one. but sould like a decent size so I will deffo be making the 15 min trip down south, as the more facilities we have ISALND WIDE the better.

Jehova.. my Family are from Port Erin... I grew up in Peel, just happen to live in Douglas...

Please don't hold that against me

^_^

Thanks for everyone's reply :)

no its going to be a proper one i think measurements are 9meters by 30 meters

Wow, that sounds amazing, and my kids will definitely be using it! What's a hall of that size going to be used for the rest of the year, or am I being too nosey? :)

• 11 months later...

If an ice rink were to be put in, not just public skating would be possible but sponsored events such as skating competitions, ice hockey matches and the like would all be possible. Thumbs up to the idea. And BTW I live in South Florida USA, where there are several year round rinks with high level junior ice hockey programs.

I'd be well up for an ice rink , as loads of others have already mentiojned its not just for skating , ice hockey , curling , hell given the islands assosciation with 2 wheeled antics why not go for some ice speedway type shenanigans .

Archived