Record Labels/recording Studios On Iom

Gilligan

Hi all,

Im applying to Uni this year, and I wanna do music production. I have been producing for about 1 and a half yrs now, and I want to get work experience. Does anyone know of any recording studios or labels that i could contact that would let me work part time, it wouldnt nessesaryliy have to be paid (i shouldnt have said that!), i just want the experience. Even if it is working in an office of a label, as long as my knowledge of music and or music business is being expanded, then I will be happy!

Thanks a lot

G

Just to add to my post, Ive contacted ballagroove, and they put me onto two labels that are kinda joined together, one chillout and one rocky, can remember exact names, something like, rude boys, and stereo boys. Anna Goldsmith is associated with one of them.

G

Yeah, ive heard his name before, could you tell me more, or give my email gilligan@manx.net

G

I'm looking at getting a trance track or two made (hears the roars of laughter), but who would touch that sound over here?

Although we have several labels/producers etc, i have a gut feeling they would be looking down their nose at me for the dreaded trance <_<

I'm looking at getting a trance track or two made (hears the roars of laughter), but who would touch that sound over here?

Although we have several labels/producers etc, i have a gut feeling they would be looking down their nose at me for the dreaded trance <_<

Closest match would be to chat with Chris @ Source of Gravity. They do more of the progressive side of things but it may fit or he may be able to direct you.

It also doesn't have to be local, almost everyone I've been involved with have been in the UK and USA. Things have changed a lot nowadays so aiming for a local scene isn't really all that necessary unless you're really wanting to have a face to face with the public. There's a lot to be said for not doing!!

You can build up quite a good profile online nowadays and end up just doing the odd event, where ever. etc.

Closest match would be to chat with Chris @ Source of Gravity. They do more of the progressive side of things but it may fit or he may be able to direct you.

It also doesn't have to be local, almost everyone I've been involved with have been in the UK and USA. Things have changed a lot nowadays so aiming for a local scene isn't really all that necessary unless you're really wanting to have a face to face with the public. There's a lot to be said for not doing!!

You can build up quite a good profile online nowadays and end up just doing the odd event, where ever. etc.

Hi guys,

Thanks for mentioning us Rich. Not currently in a position where we could do a work placement but happy to answer any questions you might have about the industry, listen to some of your music etc - email me sourceofgravity@manx.net

DAM audio might be a good place to do some work experience especially on the studio side of things.

Regards

Chris

I will have a listen to some of Source of Gravity's stuff, thanks for the pointer.

Archived