Road Safety Strategy Unveiled

Tearz

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tynwald hill is just a tad over 3m high.

Wot?????!!!!! From road safety mesaures to the height of Tynwald Hill! For goodness sake! And I've just been slammed for saying something earlier that was apparently stupid and unconstructive! :lol:

just trying to make the point that even if rules and regulations are in place many people, even our wonderfull government may decide not to adhere to them.

Tynwald hill is just a tad over 3m high.

Wot?????!!!!! From road safety mesaures to the height of Tynwald Hill! For goodness sake! And I've just been slammed for saying something earlier that was apparently stupid and unconstructive! :lol:

just trying to make the point that even if rules and regulations are in place many people, even our wonderfull government may decide not to adhere to them.

It's not a 3m drop from the top of Tynwald Hill though, is it - unless each terrace is 3 metres tall

tynwald.jpg

Yes Minnie - it was a thread you started called "I'm sorry and I realise I'm just spouting cliches and that I'm wrong".

And my message to you is, abide by the law and drive at a safe speed to help cut down on the number of accidents that are caused by dangerous drivers!

Wrong. I do abide by the law. I drive at a safe speed. I'm not a dangerous driver and have never caused n accident.

There isn't a speed limit on the Mountain and other roads because competent drivers and riders don't need one. Dangerous drivers and riders won't take any notice, and will still cause accidents... and I agree with the comment that most 'speed' accidents will occur on back lanes instead of main roads in future.

I don't have a definitive answer - scary thing is, neither does the Department of Transport, and they get paid to provide solutions. This is just knee-jerk, nanny state, airbag, ABS, DSC politicking.

I never called you a dangerous driver or accused you of causing an accident. Couldn't see an answer to the questions I asked............

" QUOTE (Grumble @ Jul 6 2004, 09:48 PM)

.........the high proportion of Manx drivers who can't drive properly.

Is this sweeping statement based on official statistics?

I take it these "good, safe, fast drivers" aren't the "high proportion of Manx drivers who can't drive properly" you speak of in your earlier paragraph?"

I'm very honoured, everyone seems to be so bothered about quoting me and taking pot shots at me..........at least you're leaving some other poor soul alone! :lol: Lighten up for god's sake! We're here to voice an opinion, not launch an attack on individuals, so if you can't handle what people think of your opinion without getting personal keep your opinions to yourself! :P

so if you can't handle what people think of your opinion without getting personal keep your opinions to yourself!  :P

Erm minnie.....

Oh. Never mind.

so if you can't handle what people think of your opinion without getting personal keep your opinions to yourself!  :P

Erm minnie.....

Oh. Never mind.

Oh, I can handle other people's opinions, it's just when their opinions get personal and insulting is when the problems start.

I don't think Rox was implying that you couldn't handle other people's opinions - I think what she was getting at was that it was a bit like a double negative statement.

She was just being pedantic in a humourous way.

(I think) ;)

Archived