Call Of Duty 5

Halfbaked

anyone played full game yet, not had chance to get into town and buy it or download demo, interested in peoples opinions, please dont compare to COD4 as i have heard all the comparisons.

i've played call of duty from day one on the pc this one is the worse by far

I'm really enjoying the campaign just done the flying boat segment ( which was excellent! ).

It's pretty much COD Modern Warfare...minus the modern bits...with guys hiding in trees...and flamethrowers

The online portion is as good as the previous one, i'm actually finding it a bit easier.

It's an ok way to pass the time now and again, but I thought it felt very rushed: the graffix and animation aren't particularly hot, the maps are arse, and it feels a bit like being guided on a wire through a shooting gallery at times.

Also, some of it's just plain stupid at times- buildings you can't enter, despite them presenting a nice open door to you; everyone being surprised to be ambushed when there's an enemy compound only a few yards away; and watching a Japanese tank obligingly sit there doing nothing, despite a U.S. tank being only metres away, waiting paitiently for you to call a rocket strike on it.

Since it's just yet another WWII FPS, you'd have thought they'd have worked to make it a bit special, but it feels and looks worse than Medal of Honour: Airborne.

I'm after a shooter game, its been a while since I played anything infact it was half life 2/ Counter strike a few years ago. I was thinking of getting one of the COD's is it 4 thats the best?

all depends on what system you're playing on and what kind of shooter you're looking for...

COD4 is fantastic, the single player campaign is pretty short but very memorable, the online portion is fantastic

if you're looking for something a bit different I'm currently hammering Resistance2 on the PS3, can't seem to get enough of the 8player co-op ( although i'm dropping occasionally into 60person skirmish battles )...

Have you got the orange box, it's got HL2, eps 1 & 2, TF2 and the stunning portal ( it's a must for shooter fans )

Archived