Villa Marina Arcade - Is It Finished?

Mij

I hope it is better than the colonnade bit. That looks really shabby already, what were they thinking when they used polystyrene for the cornices? I hope they keep the old toilets, I can never quite understand why they remove good solid wooden doors from public loos and replace them with MDF crap, remove nice brass locks and fittings (that have worked for ten's of years) and replace them with, hmm how do you describe the almost aluminium, few washers and a bolt hole, they use for locks these days? As for the anti vandalism loos, puh? how awful can a public loo be? Oh they are dreadful.

I think is been going on since 2006.

2 years later when you saw it - no much had changed.

Its now 2008, the new paint is coming off, rust it starting to show, but other than that - it still looks the same.

I suggest you come back in 2012, it may be finished then, but don't travel South, the road outside the Airport is being dug up and re-made.

Last time I was over on the island was Easter 2008. I have been interested in the redevelopment of this area. Is the work completed? I have not found any pictures or stories on the web.

Not in use yet. And I understand there is a backlog of exhibitions because artists had to get out of the gallery at St Johns.

Archived