[BBC News] Motorcyclist badly hurt in crash

Newsbot

Awe, I remember when my granddad stopped driving, it must be a very difficult decision but I think its necessary. Maybe a re-test at license renewal after retirement age should be introduced, or perhaps insurance companies could sort out some kind of 'driving health check' certificate which would be less of a 'test' more assurance the person is fit enough to drive.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.......rather be a cock that stands up........
Your Doctor should be able to help you with that.....

stop being insultive

Sweet.

Real sweet.

Can you imagine a council meeting with a speech by Councillor Faragher?

Might go something like this----

My fellow counciliators, may I start my diarrhoea by illuminating to you the reason for this interpretention.

Our leader (may he be ever so holy) is adamadament that the dog fowling law is neccessitatively needed to stop dogs leaving their excremental on the pavements of our foul city. Those with apprentices about the legaliveness of the byee-laws might be agreebed that there was no popular vote on it, well there was and it was very popular with us!! LOL, good job I've got a sense of humor and i'm a funny guy becaiuse you'll forgive my ignoramusness then.

Anyway please execute me as I need to sell some insurance now, if only that radio man next door would stop laughing. Oh hell, I'm just sooooo funny.

Quote "The driver of the Fiesta, an 83-year-old man from Ramsey, suffered minor injuries and shock. He was discharged from hospital after treatment"

Always the way when a car pulls out infront off a bike.... I have a whole tin off worms ready to open in regards to the above quote......

the accident was a few hundred yards before the bungalow where there are NO places to pull out from. as to the cars that didn't stop, you are only required to stop IF you are involved, not if you aren't involved but saw something. you may be a twat for not sticking your beak in, but not a law breaker.

As a LGV driver it is a legal requiement to stop if you are, in any way, involved with a collision. Witnessing a collision is being involved, surely?

seeing isn't being involved. how many thousands saw the space shuttle explode cos they were there?? do you think they all had to hang around and give statements?? unlikely. did every passenger on the seacat have to give a statement after it played dodgems with tyhe ship being towed?? not then either i'm sure?? i'm sure if you wanted to assist and hang around to give a version of events it would probably be welcomed, but not a legal requirement. now if you had to take avoiding action to avoid having a bent car then perhaps you could be involved, but i would say to be involved in a 'collision', you'd actually have to hit something or be hit, other wise you haven't 'collided'??

Quote "The driver of the Fiesta, an 83-year-old man from Ramsey, suffered minor injuries and shock. He was discharged from hospital after treatment"

Always the way when a car pulls out infront off a bike.... I have a whole tin off worms ready to open in regards to the above quote......

the accident was a few hundred yards before the bungalow where there are NO places to pull out from. as to the cars that didn't stop, you are only required to stop IF you are involved, not if you aren't involved but saw something. you may be a twat for not sticking your beak in, but not a law breaker.

As a LGV driver it is a legal requiement to stop if you are, in any way, involved with a collision. Witnessing a collision is being involved, surely?

seeing isn't being involved. how many thousands saw the space shuttle explode cos they were there?? do you think they all had to hang around and give statements?? unlikely. did every passenger on the seacat have to give a statement after it played dodgems with tyhe ship being towed?? not then either i'm sure?? i'm sure if you wanted to assist and hang around to give a version of events it would probably be welcomed, but not a legal requirement. now if you had to take avoiding action to avoid having a bent car then perhaps you could be involved, but i would say to be involved in a 'collision', you'd actually have to hit something or be hit, other wise you haven't 'collided'??

As far as the seacat is concerned, yes a statement was necessary to the board of inquiry. If you witness an accident where there is obviously, or extremely likely to be, a serious injury, why wouldn't you stop to help?

As far as the seacat is concerned, yes a statement was necessary to the board of inquiry. If you witness an accident where there is obviously, or extremely likely to be, a serious injury, why wouldn't you stop to help?

if you are able to help then yes i suppose you could stop, but again, is it a legal requirement?? the snag with most 'helpers' is that they dump their car in the way block the road totally and do headless chicken impressions while the whole place comes to a standstill. most events don't require the whole world and its camel to stop and 'assist', in fact the best way to help can be to piss off out the way and leave room for the appropriate services and those qualified. the last thing you need when you have fell off a bike is some dumb twat trying to move you out the road and get your helmet off. i remember years ago watching some tit try and pull a motorcyclist out of the road by his feet and the bikers screams could be heard through his helmet and scarf because he had a broken leg which the help was pulling him along on his arse with. most things that stop at an accidcent hinder the situation and add to the grief.

Good effort but you missed his most glaringly obvious mistake throughout his posting history to date.

8/10

Most glaringly obvious? Well, there's a lot of contenders. But I am intrigued as to what you think was most glaringly obvious. So, do tell.

S

Good effort but you missed his most glaringly obvious mistake throughout his posting history to date.

8/10

Most glaringly obvious? Well, there's a lot of contenders. But I am intrigued as to what you think was most glaringly obvious. So, do tell.

S

Selecting me as his role model?

Erm...I dont wish to provoke you people on here, with your perfect grammar, spelling and high morals however, John Faragher, aside from being an old school friend of mine, is a genuinely nice guy. I have met several DTC members and have previously voiced my impressions of them, John is a nice man with bloody good intentions - lay off a bit eh? I find some of the comments above quite nasty and totally unnecessary & it seems to be the same on every thread he posts on. Keep your bullying for the school yard otherwise I will be making complaints to my friend the moderator and he will…erm…he will…he just will OK? I’m also sure he can fight his own battles but I am offended by the constant picking, its pathetic.

Hahaha maybe its because he’s a bit of a hottie, is it coz you is jealous?

Old people aren't the best drivers but they stick out like sore thumbs. Anyone unable to spot the bad ones and adjust their own driving accordingly are themselves likely to be unobservant buffoons and shouldn't be on the road for the sake of their own safety. (And other's)

Young people aren't the best drivers but they stick out like sore thumbs. Anyone unable to spot the bad ones and adjust their own driving accordingly are themselves likely to be unobservant and inexperienced, and shouldn't be on the road for the sake of their own safety. (And other's)

Old people aren't the best drivers but they stick out like sore thumbs. Anyone unable to spot the bad ones and adjust their own driving accordingly are themselves likely to be unobservant buffoons and shouldn't be on the road for the sake of their own safety. (And other's)

Young people aren't the best drivers but they stick out like sore thumbs. Anyone unable to spot the bad ones and adjust their own driving accordingly are themselves likely to be unobservant and inexperienced, and shouldn't be on the road for the sake of their own safety. (And other's)

Hmm, you seem to have copied my post but substituted young for old. Why is that?

Archived