• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eitherway you can go into the drive and then programs .. find the grisoft file open and check.

however you will be better doing a defrag .. then try updating avg..

you will still need to uninstall several junk programs and i would do that first then defrag..

also run the cleaning manager .. click start .. then run .. then type cleanmgr in the box and click ok.

what av do you use on your main machine..

Manxman - in the end I tried the 'alternative' route of uninstalling and reloading AVG from my CD - that seems to have fixed whatever the problem was - at least for the time being!The old computer is fine for me - and if anything blows up it has served a long and useful life.

why not click on the computor icon on desktop or in control panel .. right click on drive c .. select properties and check the pie chart for how much space is left on your disk .. also i should have told you to go to add/remove programs and uninstall avg .. once the process was started you would have had the option to repair or uninstall .. choose repair .. anyway thats for another day now..

Been using Avast for about.... 3years on about 6systems... none of which has gotten any viruses I find it a fantastic free bit of software.

My vote for Avast as well, on two machines here and it is not resource hungry like AVG!

Archived