Manx Members Of The Bnp

parchedpeas

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But my main point concerning Manx members of this organization is quite simply that our (non-british) immigrant populations are so small that to feel so threatenned by their presence shows a xenophobic paranoia I cannot understand. They have to be projecting the proported damage they claim is being done to UK by immigration into their own political lives - that really takes quite alot of xenophobia.

And it is such utter hypocrisy to form an opinion that legal and illegal immigration should be stopped when these same people are capitalists, nationalists, and proponents of liberal democracy.

So does anyone know exactly where the law stands on this. If you or I were to get in contact with someone on the list after we found out they were on it would we be in breach of the Data Protection Act? Or is it a free-for-all

I don't know why we're so worried about the 'local' membership. Isn't it enough that the British Numpties Party have:

1. Shown themsleves to be hopelessly inefficient.

2. Announced that they're frightened of potential violence (that really is a twist1)

3. Are appealing for help under the Human Rights Act which they've so vehemently opposed.

I am in no way, shape or form a supporter of the BNP, but there is no way I think outing them on the internet is acceptable.

For starters I don't think this is an accurate membership list - even though BNP have said it is. There are children listed as members; BNP is an unincorporated association - which "is a contractual relationship between the individual members of the organisation, all of whom have agreed or "contracted" to come together for a particular purpose." Children don't have capacity to enter into contracts, so cannot be members.

No way do I think disclosure of someone's political beliefs or opinions shouldn't be protected. If BNP or anyone else keeps a list of supporters, then that is sensitive personal information and shouldn't be disclosed.

Membership of an unincorporated association is something else.

The BNP is a legal organization, people have a right to privacy and a political identity.

The BNP has no legal identity of its own and in legal terms is only a collection of the individuals who make up its membership. When you become a member, there should be an expectation that your membership of an unincorporated association is something that may legitimately be in the public domain. If a political party wants to keep its membership secret, then there are alternative ways it can organise itself.

It's ironic that BNP are trying to use the Human Rights Act over this. In any case I can't see how that would apply since the disclosure and publishing of this was not by a 'public authority' - and HRA applies to public authorities. The better argument seems to be in terms of Data Protection Act. If so, then just looking at the list on the internet could be an offence under the act. IMO if the list is one of supporters as well as members, then that is fair game. If it is only an accurate list of members, then AFAIK this is not protected personal data.

Take this scenario: BNP 'leak' what is purported to be its membership list. BNP 'confirm' it is an accurate membership list, and conceded that 'once it's out it's out'. Various employers - including police and other public authorities obtain and access this information, with result that BNP members listed are sacked given policies of not employing BNP members. BNP then turn around and take action against these - under HRA and Data Protection Act. If not actually a membership list and nothing but, and includes supporters who are non-members, then obtaining this list would be an offence, and compensation could be sought by BNP members who were sacked - potentially including reinstatement.

It all seems a bit fishy to me, and I wouldn't put staging this sort of political theatre past them - particularly as a way to hit back at anti-BNP employment policies. They'd of course have to distance themselves and appear to have done everything to stop such a leak - and for it to seem like it was done by an ex-member who was a breakaway extremist. They might also encourage others to use it by conceding 'what's out is out', and confirming it is an accurate membership list. It is also relevant that this is not an up to date list, and that it includes children - both of which have been noted by BNP.

Whether or not this was set up and pre-planned as a trap by BNP, I could see that it could be turned to their advantage. It may be reading too much into it, but I think such things would be worth taking into consideration.

Afternoon folks,

Thought I'd quickly sign up and say I know one of the folks on the list (work with them). They're angry about the leak - they don't blame New Labour bla bla bla as the Mail, BBC etc are saying, but blame BNP and subsequently asked for they're membership to be withdrawn.

This leak could well be the beginning of the end of this 'political party' as I imagine many other average joes on that list are thinking/doing the same!

It's fun to google some of the manxies on there:

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/your-letters/Exa...2007.3377852.jp

REGARDING your article on page four of the Isle of Man Examiner, October 9.

The headline reads: 'Witamy na Wyspie — that's welcome to the Island in Polish.'

As I'm sure you are aware, there are a significant number of people living in the Island that do not welcome the Eastern European influx of workers here.

On their behalf, and in the interests of balanced journalism, I hope you will also print in Polish how to say 'I do not welcome you to the Island. Your patriots are undermining the wage structure for the resident local manual workforce, which will inevitably reduce their standard of living.'

Nice chap.

I don't know why we're so worried about the 'local' membership. Isn't it enough that the British Numpties Party have:

1. Shown themsleves to be hopelessly inefficient.

2. Announced that they're frightened of potential violence (that really is a twist1)

3. Are appealing for help under the Human Rights Act which they've so vehemently opposed.

But then again isn't the raison d'etre of the BNP - one rule for us, different rules for them! "Us" and "them" to be defined anyway the BNP like.

Archived