Solway Harvester Decision

Lee54

We cant always believe what an MHK says, can we.

Similarly we can't always believe what you say either........so let it go.

Maybe you could ask for yourself by contacting the families spokesman, Rev. Alex Currie, COE Isle of Whithorn.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe you could ask for yourself by contacting the families spokesman, Rev. Alex Currie, COE Isle of Whithorn.

Yeah of course I will do that straight away...cock.

My nominations for you this year continue to hold true......cheers

Mind you they say Ramsey is full of the dead, so sending the Solway Harvester to Ramsey is the right thing :o

Mind you they say Ramsey is full of the dead, so sending the Solway Harvester to Ramsey is the right thing :o

Do you want me to send that quote to the families spokesman as well?

Making a joke about it now are we?

The divers I know would have liked the Harvester to have been sunk in 30m of water away from the shipping lanes of Douglas.

Similar fishing vessels in 30m are Dawn Waters, Don Bosco, Fenella Ann (40m) which immediately spring to mind.

To be able to see these wrecks mature and become home to so much life is an experience never to be missed.

On reflection, with modern underwater photography I wondered why the salvage operation took place in the first place

Why has this thread moved on from a discussion about a suitable resting place for a dead ship ,to it being a possible tourist attraction ?

Cut it up F.F.S.!

Remove all trace of it from the face of the earth!

As long as it survives in any form ,it will continue to be a painful reminder of the night seven people lost their lives !

You are not suggesting we do this with all future wrecks with loss of life, are you?

No of course not!

Lets make them all into Tourist attractions ;) .

That to easy and cheap for the Manx Government, they only invest in white elephants.

Lets ask Ramsey shipyard to cut the Ramsey pier up while where at it.

Oh, Guess what the IOM Government have sponsored stands at a tourist exibition this week. On diving the wrecks of man :lol::lol::lol:

You started this thread as if you were on the side of the families and even made out that you have been speaking with their spokesman, then you make a crass comment like this. You complete insensitive PRICK!!!!

You started this thread as if you were on the side of the families and even made out that you have been speaking with their spokesman, then you make a crass comment like this. You complete insensitive PRICK!!!!

What did you want me to say, Oh Good lets send the Boat to Ramsey and make nice little souvenirs out of it.

Do you really think that the families want to see someone make a profit out of a boat that took their children away, I don't think so and not many from the fishing industry do either. The only ones to make anything out of the boat will be the Ramsey Ship yard, the sale of the scrap wont cover the costs of cutting it up.

Shreaded steel scrap is only fetching $200 per ton now, so an 80 ton boat wont give much return, it will cost more to cut it up and ship away, whos paying for that little exercise. By sinking it the returns will be much greater.

Dear Scrappey, I'm sure you would love to swim amongst the wrecks on the seabed around the IOM. There is so much history, sealife and the pleasure of diving to experience.

Do a try- dive this winter. You might even have me training you

Archived