[BBC News] Award for air traffic controller

Newsbot

I have a close relative who is an Air Traffic Controller, they earn stupid money, trust me, they get PAID to do their job. On the other hand, other workers get awards too dont they "Employee of the month" that kind of thing, so this would be the ATC equivalent, imagine the grief he's getting at work, poor fella. Most often these awards are unwanted by the people who receive them, it’s an exercise in corporate whoring by middle managers, free advertising or some other such PR stunt.

You hear often of a Police Officer getting an award for "just doing their job" so why not an ATC? Lets be honest I would not have liked the pressure they must have had on my shoulders during the incident.

But in agreement with Skrappey, why was the landing gear out off use?

You hear often of a Police Officer getting an award for "just doing their job" so why not an ATC? Lets be honest I would not have liked the pressure they must have had on my shoulders during the incident.

But in agreement with Skrappey, why was the landing gear out off use?

Runway extension. Each end of the runway has been extended and all the instruments have had to be either moved or the cables have been dug up. The contollers and pilots are trained to land without the use of landing instruments. :D

Knew what?

Knew what????

Answer - If you only knew what went on in these situations. An aircraft with over a hundred people on and with smoke onboard coming in to make an emergency landing. I think that would make my arse twitch a little if I had to deal with it. He was commended for doing a great job under pressure. People who know very little about something tend to poke fun out of others who do. <_<

Knew what????

Answer - If you only knew what went on in these situations. An aircraft with over a hundred people on and with smoke onboard coming in to make an emergency landing. I think that would make my arse twitch a little if I had to deal with it. He was commended for doing a great job under pressure. People who know very little about something tend to poke fun out of others who do. <_<

So what did he do that was different from SOP? I'm not being pedantic here, I would like to know.

Archived