[BBC News] Norman Wisdom's home up for sale

Newsbot

When viewing, potential purchasers are asked to wear tight jackets, cloth caps ( askew ) fall over in an amusing manner when viewing the kitchen and accidentally activate a number of domestic appliances. This will greatly annoy Mr Grimsdale, the estate agent.

Bless.

• 4 months later...

I may be leaving myself open to ridicule on this one, but who would buy the house on the strength on the Wisdom connection? I would like to suggest that anyone under 40 outside the Island would struggle to name a film of his. I saw one many years ago on the BBC but I can't remember the name. Tremendous bloke though. And I hope we don't have to wait until his death to see his films on tv again.

I may be leaving myself open to ridicule on this one, but who would buy the house on the strength on the Wisdom connection? I would like to suggest that anyone under 40 outside the Island would struggle to name a film of his. I saw one many years ago on the BBC but I can't remember the name. Tremendous bloke though. And I hope we don't have to wait until his death to see his films on tv again.

you could have a trip to Albania to see them if you don't want to wait

Archived