1st December World Aids Day

John Wright

Thank you, Sidney, I never noticed that button.

S

...and while you're at it, can you please get rid of that annoying 'S' that follows each of your posts please? We already know who you are when you are posting.

AT

No.

S

Why is it a religious ceremony?

To celebrate the Cathlolic Church's assistance in spreading the disease? Has to be ecumenical as the US Fundies have been adding their bit to the no condom distribution party.

And to represent those who actually help fight the disease who happen to be religious/christian to celebrate their own input in a way they feel is appropriate.

I think I may have solved that mystery Declan...

there's also the 'reply' button tagged to every post and if you're simply responding to the thread by means of hitting that on the last post, you get these unnecessary quotes that pop up all over the place.

I always use that button if I'm replying to someone I just delete the portion that isn't relevant to my comment - sometimes the whole post.

But also, when one is responding to a message earlier up in the thread (as in the recent case), it is often helpful to quote so that it is obvious which message one is replying to.

Correct it often is, but it is also often unnecessary, like in this instance where you are replying to the opening post in the thread by a contributor who had only made one post in the thread. Just address your post to the individual you are replying to ie - John - I agree.

It is very confusing to get the flow of a thread that keeps repeating itself, especially, when you quote one of Skeddan's endless explorations on the subject of 'what if' and tack on a short answer to one of the 67 questions he asks. If you just quoted the section you responded to it would be useful, helpful even, but you are too ignorant, rude and obnoxious to show any consideration for the rest of us.

Archived