Strictly F*** Off!

Blackajah

I'm sick to death of the constant flogging of this heap of crap in the media. So f****ng what if John Sargeant is leaving. I don't care! Why is this deemed newsworthy to the point where it's actually a headline item on the R4 news? Why is is newsworthy anywhere on the planet? Radio 4 is normally my escape from the constant stream of shite on the TV, but it seems there's no escape. Am I alone in totally not giving a shit who is dancing with whom, when, where and how? I can't find words to express my utter contempt for this programme and others like it. I know there's people out there who love it and that's up to them, but I'm fed up with having it up there on almost every news bulletin I've listened to for the last few days. Bah!

I'm sick to death of the constant flogging of this heap of crap in the media. So f****ng what if John Sargeant is leaving. I don't care! Why is this deemed newsworthy to the point where it's actually a headline item on the R4 news? Why is is newsworthy anywhere on the planet? Radio 4 is normally my escape from the constant stream of shite on the TV, but it seems there's no escape. Am I alone in totally not giving a shit who is dancing with whom, when, where and how? I can't find words to express my utter contempt for this programme and others like it. I know there's people out there who love it and that's up to them, but I'm fed up with having it up there on almost every news bulletin I've listened to for the last few days. Bah!

This forum WAS an escape untill you posted above!

Radio 4 is normally my escape from the constant stream of shite on the TV, but it seems there's no escape

Podcasts (including from BBC) are a good alternative to scheduled radio. + BBC World Service for news.

Al Jazeera English, France 24 and BBC World TV are good sources of TV news which actually matters.

No Blackajah, you aren't alone. It is fecking pathetic. There are wars going on, people being killed and our glorious meedja decides that the most important thing happening on the planet at the moment, is that some bloke left a dancing show because he was rubbish.

I despair for our society sometimes. I really do. We've been dumbed down so much that what happens to some celeb matters more than anything else.

Utter rubbish and if R4 are peddling this shite, then god help us all.

In fact I'm so fed up about it, I'm going to send a stinking e-mail to a friend of mine who's one of the editors on the Today program, for allowing this garbage to be aired.

For shame!

Utter rubbish and if R4 are peddling this shite, then god help us all.<br /><br />In fact I'm so fed up about it, I'm going to send a stinking e-mail to a friend of mine who's one of the editors on the Today program, for allowing this garbage to be aired.<br /><br />For shame! <br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Must be the quality of the editors they are getting nowadays eh? However I'd imagine he/she won't give a shit about your email, friend or not.

However annoying it may be, you guys getting so irate you feel it necessary to hammer away at your keyboards, releasing your pent-up anger, is probably more worrying. Get over it, let it go - I can bet this has more to do with it being John Sergeant, a respected journalist and former colleague (of theirs) who had a stint on Radio 4 and even the 'Today' programme if I remember correctly, and less to do with SCD as a whole.

I doubt if it was someone like Keith Chegwin R4 would have given a fuck. At least Radio 4 listeners actually know who John Sergeant is.

What she said. Strictly morons.

Utter rubbish and if R4 are peddling this shite, then god help us all.<br /><br />In fact I'm so fed up about it, I'm going to send a stinking e-mail to a friend of mine who's one of the editors on the Today program, for allowing this garbage to be aired.<br /><br />For shame! <br /><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Must be the quality of the editors they are getting nowadays eh? However I'd imagine he/she won't give a shit about your email, friend or not.

However annoying it may be, you guys getting so irate you feel it necessary to hammer away at your keyboards, releasing your pent-up anger, is probably more worrying. Get over it, let it go - I can bet this has more to do with it being John Sergeant, a respected journalist and former colleague (of theirs) who had a stint on Radio 4 and even the 'Today' programme if I remember correctly, and less to do with SCD as a whole.

I doubt if it was someone like Keith Chegwin R4 would have given a fuck. At least Radio 4 listeners actually know who John Sergeant is.

I agree to some extent that R4 would have some interest due to John Sergeant being who he is in journalistic terms, however, perhaps the Today programme should have kept the item as a 'filler' whilst awaiting Humphrys to sharpen his fangs! It just saddens - rather than annoys me - that a station producing programmes of the ilk of In Our Time, joins the rest of the gang in making the latest beeb celebrity arsefest in the least bit newsworthy!

This forum WAS an escape untill you posted above!

Yeah what Victor said....oh the irony

Archived