[BBC News] Vandals set football pitch alight

Newsbot

Oh thats ace, how did they do that? I thought grass only burned if it was really really dry and afaik it has done nothing but rain here for months and months and months and months. (btw I havent read the story, I prefer my mental image of the whole field ablaze with one naughty little boy and a box of matches sniggering Beano style)

I do also realise this is a very serious matter and must offer my apologies to anyone who was offended by the above flippant comment. You could always phone the BBC help line.

If they scorched the earth in a pattern, maybe with a slogan, it's quite clever really, the grass will grow back. Now then, if they'd used paint to do a slogan in a field, that would be naughty.

(I don't condone it, just having a pop)

Just goes to show what a high class of vandal we have here when our particular breed of bored teenager can afford Petrol at £1.09 per litre to exact his mindless destruction of someone elses property !

What ever next ? Ivory walking cane and silk smoking jacket stolen ? Gold ingot thrown through shop window ? Parked Car smeared with Fois Gras?

Rocketman, you might just be onto something there.....perhaps it was not a bored teenager after all but it was, in actual fact, little Eric Kelly who was kicked out of the team in 1983 for spitting at a youth from Peel, he has bourne that grudge ever since....maybe........

Edit: to note, that I do not know anyone called Eric Kelly, he is a complete fraction of my imagination and fraction is so not the right word but I cannot be arsed thinking today.

If they scorched the earth in a pattern, maybe with a slogan, it's quite clever really, the grass will grow back.

Of course what they should have done is written a rude word with some fertiliser. It would take a couple of weeks but the fertilised grass would grow slightly taller and greener in the aforementioned pattern. Now that's intelligent vandalism.

• 2 weeks later...
Rocketman, you might just be onto something there.....perhaps it was not a bored teenager after all but it was, in actual fact, little Eric Kelly who was kicked out of the team in 1983 for spitting at a youth from Peel, he has bourne that grudge ever since....maybe........

Edit: to note, that I do not know anyone called Eric Kelly, he is a complete fraction of my imagination and fraction is so not the right word but I cannot be arsed thinking today.

Now that makes a change! :whistling:

Archived