Police State?

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do have to say Nu-Labour have seriously corrupted freedom of information and the public interest.

Blair on his sofa imagining himself some supreme manefestation of the public will; and Brown, a unkempt puritan, controlling what society should and should not know.

They're in power, therefore they know what's right - what sanctimony.

Wraith, I've been a terrorist for years, I've never done any bombing or stuff like that but I'm certainly not into the bureaucracy that runs our world - so along with many other 'normal' people am a 'bad ass terrorist' - as my old friend would say "For the revolution".

You do have to say Nu-Labour have seriously corrupted freedom of information and the public interest.

Blair on his sofa imagining himself some supreme manefestation of the public will; and Brown, a unkempt puritan, controlling what society should and should not know.

They're in power, therefore they know what's right - what sanctimony.

But nobody should be surprised by this at all. Those who rule over us have always been sanctimonius. They have always believed that they are right and the people are either wrong, too too stupid to make good decisions, or unimportant. And this can be said of monarchs or the politicians we have today.

And it isn't just what society can and cannot know, far more than previous government over the last fifty years Nu-Labour have far more control over what we can and cannot do. I do think the Torys offer any hope as their interests are little different from those of Nu-Labour.

I think those people who leaked information were doing the right thing. Why the secrets? Why the illegality of passing on these prescious secrets? Why the involvement of counter-terrorism police?

The fact is though is that the public have been told so much bullshit about how living in a democracy is wonderful, how Britain is a great country live in, how the politicians are there for the people, how government is good, etc. So many swallow the politicians crap because we live in a society where we have let ourselves be dependent on government. Now they are taking away freedoms. Parliamentary democracy needs to go

Time for a civil war?

Or is it too late already?

What do you mean by civil war? It is the form of government we have, full of the worst people in society, that we need rid of.

I've never done any bombing or stuff like that but I'm certainly not into the bureaucracy that runs our world - so along with many other 'normal' people am a 'bad ass terrorist' - as my old friend would say "For the revolution".

Well yes, the only way the get rid of the capitalist and liberal democratic system is by revolution.

He's been treated just like any member of the community, what's the problem. It would worry me more if he was allowed some warning of the search asnd allowed to get rid of the evidence. That's the way the tories behaved last time and it shouldn't happen again.

He's been treated just like any member of the community, what's the problem. It would worry me more if he was allowed some warning of the search asnd allowed to get rid of the evidence. That's the way the tories behaved last time and it shouldn't happen again.

The problem is that he is not a normal member of the community. He is an MP, and traditionally MPs have had immunity from prosecution for what they say in the chamber of the H0C, and from police interference in their work.

It will be a dark day if MPs are to lose such privileges, which will make it much more difficult to hold government to account.

And which MP did the Tories arrest? Or was that just a knee-jerk statement from a professional "worker" with genetically-fixed party allegiances?

S

In case you want to read the post, first before answering.

In case you want to read the post, first before answering.

I did. If your post had a meaning that isn't clear, please elucidate.

By the way, in English it is customary to follow a question with a question mark. Close attention to the rules of grammar and punctuation will help to avoid misunderstandings.

S

So attempting to embarrass the government which is neither a threat to state security or a serious crime is now to be met with arrest and investigation by anti terrorist police.

This is the sort of shit I would expect in Mugabes Zimbabwe, Russia in the time of Stalin, Hitlers Germany and other countries where little more than lip service was/is paid to freedom.

Archived