[BBC News] Officer badly hurt in car attack

Newsbot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"described as a white man, about 30, with short cropped hair which came to a peak at the front."

Well that narrows it down a bit. Whats the bloody car!!

The car was described as having 4 wheels, 2 or 4 doors, light or dark in colour, possibly European, Japanese, American or Korean. Hope that helps....

The car was described as having 4 wheels, 2 or 4 doors, light or dark in colour, possibly European, Japanese, American or Korean. Hope that helps....

Pity it wasn't a British car. That would really narrow it down!

As has already been pointed out....The police KNOW all about it but they need extra evidence because when/if it gets to court they will have to prove it. Like the time when a smakhead crashed into my car, I found the car (abandoned), I told them who was driving it but......no evidence so was not worth pursuing (although, I would have thought that they might have taken finger prints, but....I'm just a person who watches The Bill, I'm not a real policeman).

Strange reasons given on MR this morning as to why details of the car had not been released - funny lighting can give different colours; etc. etc.

Frankly, it seems a little strange as descriptions of cars in other cases never seem to be an issue.

As has already been pointed out....The police KNOW all about it but they need extra evidence because when/if it gets to court they will have to prove it. Like the time when a smakhead crashed into my car, I found the car (abandoned), I told them who was driving it but......no evidence so was not worth pursuing (although, I would have thought that they might have taken finger prints, but....I'm just a person who watches The Bill, I'm not a real policeman).

We had a laptop computer with a load of work on it, cash and other stuff nicked from our house by some kids. Neighbours knew who it was (they had seen them in the area) and one of them was reported as having extra, extra cash that evening when he came home (brand new £20 bank notes as was stolen, so easily traceable).

We told the police everything we could.

They did this:

"F*ck all"

Well, that's not quite the case, they told us it was care home kids and so therefore they would have no chance of getting anything back. They didn't even try. :(

They have treated this very seriously and quite rightly.

A pity they don't apply the same rules when they should be doing the job they are paid to do!

A friend of mine was deliberately knocked off his bike by a car driver and injured in front of several witnesses. They couldn't be arsed to even collect their names let alone a statement. Result, his word against the car driver!

Archived