[BBC News] Officer badly hurt in car attack

Newsbot

Now they have charged a person, I can add that the vehicle in question was not being driven by its registered owner, the owner was rudely awakened by the rozzers and knew nothing about his car's whereabouts or use, hence why the police didn't see the point in releasing the car's particulars.

(Note this is secondhand info from a family member who works with the vehicle's owner)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Police charge a 31-year-old man after a police officer was injured when he was hit by a car on the Isle of Man.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7766195.stm

I wonder how many stairs he's accidentally fallen down already?

I hope he has 'soap on a rope' for the showers I'm guessing you wouldn't be wanting to bend down and pick anything up when your paired off with the wrong cell mate.

Well I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion

I'm suprised that more policemen don't get knocked down. Running around in those dark uniforms at night makes them a traffic hazard in my book

Especially if you've had a few and your trying to get home quick before the wife realises that your on the missing

If I was a policeman looking to fill the cells on a weekend I wouldn't I risk my neck chasing cars on foot, I would stand outside Moby Dicks with my CS gas & Tazer at the ready and arrest violent drunken fuckwits

Well I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion

I'm suprised that more policemen don't get knocked down. Running around in those dark uniforms at night makes them a traffic hazard in my book

Especially if you've had a few and your trying to get home quick before the wife realises that your on the missing

If I was a policeman looking to fill the cells on a weekend I wouldn't I risk my neck chasing cars on foot, I would stand outside Moby Dicks with my CS gas & Tazer at the ready and arrest violent drunken fuckwits

They say the cells are full most weekends. I hear the new prison is now full. One would assume that there are enough dickheads out there to get locked up in any case.

Society has got it wrong.

No it won't. They are sending all long term prisoners off Island, which will cost about £1 million a year depending on how many there are at any given time. That way nobody has to take the flak for not building the current facility with future needs in mind.

Further, unless questions are asked concerning up to date costs etc ( and remember families have to be assisted to visit etc) no one will get to know just what we are paying out.

Added to that there is no law or statutary Instrument to allow for moving Manx born offenders to another Jurisdiction against their will .But it gets done.

Can you imagine this happening here?

The officers said their patrol car had been attacked by 30 youths throwing stones and other objects. When they attempted to arrest the youths, they were attacked again and one of the officers fired three shots, killing the boy, the statement said.

Greece

Archived