[BBC News] Officer badly hurt in car attack

Newsbot

You might see it is as good that they are being punished, but if the problems of the Island are that bad that the prison is FULL, I think that a bit worrying, because prison is obviously no remedy.

It isn't a remedy. The only remedy would be for ordinary, non-criminal people to form vigilante groups and take care of the really annoying lawbreakers with an occasional lynching party. Unfortunately, that would be unacceptable because it would be classed as 'anarchy.'

Even lynchings would not be a remedy. The remedy is to remove the cause of such crimes, not to punish those who did the crimes as the deterrence would have to be dependent on an almost certain chance of getting caught and extremely severe punishments. It would require extremely repressive state machinery.

If there were vigilante groups lynching people it could be called 'anarchy', but not anarchism.

Competition Time: Re arrange the following words to form a well known saying.

a with bone dog a like

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not unusual for the prison to be full over the Christmas period. Some see it as a better option to being homeless, cold, hungry, etc. In prison they're warm, fed and even given money for Christmas from a charity.

I guess some people have booked their places a week or so earlier this year. Probably more demand now that it's a nice new prison.

The new prison is warm, prisoners get 3 meals a day, they get their own room with a flatscreen TV, there is a gym etc.

It's next to the Bretney

Go figure.....

It's not unusual for the prison to be full over the Christmas period. Some see it as a better option to being homeless, cold, hungry, etc. In prison they're warm, fed and even given money for Christmas from a charity.

I guess some people have booked their places a week or so earlier this year. Probably more demand now that it's a nice new prison.

The new prison is warm, prisoners get 3 meals a day, they get their own room with a flatscreen TV, there is a gym etc.

It's next to the Bretney

Go figure.....

It does sound very appealing but the idea of single cells and not being able to smoke puts me off.

Archived