Ben Diverted To Heysham

Newsbot

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thick Fog Hits Ferry Sailing

Wonder how many people were hoping to go to Birkenhead because they wanted to go to Liverpool, and how many would have rather gone to Heysham anyway :rolleyes:

Does anybody get given fuel vouchers for the extra mileage thay have to drive due to cancellations/delays nowadays?

Thick fog has forced an Isle of Man ferry service to Birkenhead to be diverted to a harbour in Lancashire.

The Steam Packet said the Ben-my-Chree ferry berthed at Heysham as a result of adverse weather conditions in the River Mersey area.

who writes this trash, do they think the BMC might not know how to find a little place called Heysham ? (or it for the education of the readers who have never seen a boat before ?)

Thick Fog Hits Ferry Sailing

Wonder how many people were hoping to go to Birkenhead because they wanted to go to Liverpool, and how many would have rather gone to Heysham anyway :rolleyes:

Does anybody get given fuel vouchers for the extra mileage thay have to drive due to cancellations/delays nowadays?

HA! as if, they had to cancel our crossing a several weeks ago because of high winds so we had to change the booking because it was totally inconvenient to go the next day. the difference in price was about £34 (nice cash in on the school kids breaking up for half term) which they refused to refund or reimburse in any kind of way.

<_< not pleased

bunch of money grabbing gits

Ferry sailings between Birkenhead and the Isle of Man return to normal after being affected by fog.

What's "normal"? Docking in Birkenhead over an hour late because the berths had been occupied by vessels that had been delayed by the fog? Hence tonight's return to IOM will be an hour late.

Ferry sailings between Birkenhead and the Isle of Man return to normal after being affected by fog.

What's "normal"? Docking in Birkenhead over an hour late because the berths had been occupied by vessels that had been delayed by the fog? Hence tonight's return to IOM will be an hour late.

Exactly, returning to normal ;)

they had to cancel our crossing a several weeks ago because of high winds so we had to change the booking because it was totally inconvenient to go the next day. the difference in price was about £34 (nice cash in on the school kids breaking up for half term) which they refused to refund or reimburse in any kind of way.

<_< not pleased

and if you had been transferred to a more expensive crossing, no doubt you would have had to fork out for the extra?

HA! as if, they had to cancel our crossing a several weeks ago because of high winds so we had to change the booking because it was totally inconvenient to go the next day. the difference in price was about £34 (nice cash in on the school kids breaking up for half term) which they refused to refund or reimburse in any kind of way.

<_< not pleased

Small print - 'What you can't see won't hurt you...it'll kill you'.

post-2251-1228116591_thumb.jpgThe Fog

for some reason the 14.15 off Heysham today was jam packed - Monady's boats are usually busier than rest of week but strange to see such a full boat at this time of year - quite a number of children as well (not as far as I could see in any school party)

for some reason the 14.15 off Heysham today was jam packed - Monady's boats are usually busier than rest of week but strange to see such a full boat at this time of year - quite a number of children as well (not as far as I could see in any school party)

I was on Yesterdays 14-15 sailing and was also very suprised it was so packed with loads of kids there were no seats , luckily i got one in the premier lounge for £13-50, had to drink loads of tea and coffee to get my moneys worth though !

The toilets were a joke, the doors were hanging off

I was on Yesterdays 14-15 sailing and was also very suprised it was so packed with loads of kids there were no seats , luckily i got one in the premier lounge for £13-50, had to drink loads of tea and coffee to get my moneys worth though !

The toilets were a joke, the doors were hanging off

It's just a great pity that Oz Pension funds take priority over our services. We are stuck with the inadequate Ben My Chree and an apparently highly arrogant company operating it. Sadly the jokers in Tynwald are having rings run round them by the company.

Here's a question for the alleged SP CEO who briefly put his head above the parapet here, soon took it down again by the way. Going back some months now when the Hull 050, recently named Manannan was first purchased. I stated at the time, on this forum that the vessel wouldn't be available until summer 09. Somebody claiming to be the Steam Packet CEO took me to task in no uncertain, and unpleasant, manner about it. Tell me Mr Alleged CEO was I that far out? No thought not.

Manannan won't come out before summer next year, wonder if it's because if she enters service too early she'll encounter a bit of rough weather and cancelled sailings won't seem to good for 'the biggest vessel of it's type' - on the north Irish Sea that is, in fact only between Douglas and Liverpool to be realistic.

they had to cancel our crossing a several weeks ago because of high winds so we had to change the booking because it was totally inconvenient to go the next day. the difference in price was about £34 (nice cash in on the school kids breaking up for half term) which they refused to refund or reimburse in any kind of way.

<_< not pleased

and if you had been transferred to a more expensive crossing, no doubt you would have had to fork out for the extra?

couldn't actually tell you there, haven't sailed or been transferred much

Archived