Google Earth

Mij

OK I admit I don't check Google Earth very often but pleased to see that at last there are detailed pics of the Isle of Man there. For years it was just a blurry distant shot (with half of Douglas covered in cloud - now you can see whether you are in a shot, and spot your car in the drive etc!

Sorry if this is old news!

You can see the Ballaugh Children's day in progress next to the Parish hall in Ballaugh. Judging from the cars in my drive a couple of hundred yards away it is 2006. Ballaugh Children's day in 2006 was on the afternoon of the 15th of July. However the IOM has a number of diffferent pictures 'stitched' together and not all of them may be from the same date.

Maybe Castletown could give a clue, given the building work that has been going on there. However, as the previous poster said, these pictures are compilations of many different one, hence buildings appear to "lean" in different directions.

The fair/Horse thingy at St Marks is on as well, so July/August looks about right. To be honest, I would like to see it updated in Autumn when no leaves on trees so you can see more.

Archived