Playstation Home

the mo beats experience

Yeah, from what i can gather its a space where you, literally, walk around looking at stuff, access the ps3 stuff, playing arcade games, bowls, watching trailers for stuff, and chatting to others. Thats all i saw last night anyway, i assume there'll be a lot more to it as time goes on. It's really interesting as it is now, and i can see why there's the excitement in it.

There was 4 of us last night in a row doing the running man dance while chatting shite! Small things!

I know this might look like ps3 hate, but come on, this really is the most useless pile of crap going isn't it?

Why would you walk to a movie theater in a game to watch a trailer, when you could just pick it off a menu? Why would you find a friend in his home and chat to him, rather than just pick his name off your friends list?

Really looks like a weird distraction for sony, when they should be adding the features live has to all games rather than messing around with a second life wannabe that nobody wants.

I know this might look like ps3 hate, but come on, this really is the most useless pile of crap going isn't it?

Why would you walk to a movie theater in a game to watch a trailer, when you could just pick it off a menu? Why would you find a friend in his home and chat to him, rather than just pick his name off your friends list?

Really looks like a weird distraction for sony, when they should be adding the features live has to all games rather than messing around with a second life wannabe that nobody wants.

But it's a choice Slim to use HOME. It will appeal to some I guess, It just doesn't look like anything I want so I won't use it.

Instead I'll pick a name off my friends list or pick a movie trailer off a menu - just like before.

So your point is? Nothing.

But it's a choice Slim to use HOME. It will appeal to some I guess, It just doesn't look like anything I want so I won't use it.

Instead I'll pick a name off my friends list or pick a movie trailer off a menu - just like before.

So your point is? Nothing.

My point is the one I thought I made quite clearly: While it's getting better, the ps3 online stuff still isn't quite up there with live, so they'd be better filling in the gaps than wasting time with Home.

I guess you might ask the question of "Why would I want to leave a message on your wall when I can just email you?"

People do the weirdest things, there were those who asked if Facebook could ever really catch on.

TBH I've not seen "Home" or used Facebook, but I'm reliably informed the latter seemed to catch on OK, there is no reason the former will not.

You don't have to download the trailer like you do normally, it is just happening on a wall live. I don't think its strictly for just your own friends either, you can clan build and launch straight into games from it. Also, there is massive interest in home, you need only look at forums, and from playing about in the beta it is extremely well populated even in this early stage. Its only a start, as it tells you when you first load it up, there'll be even more stuff going on in the future, i've read rumours of hosting a few users round your pad, and playing music to them, showing movies and photo's etc, as well as loads more to do in the main area's too. More arcade games due and proper films will be shown in the theatres eventually.

So, wrong on most counts there slim imo, i'd say.

Tonight i've been playing pool, bowling and watching this fat letch following a female around while she was telling him to feck off, very amusing! And i joined a Warhawk clan with someone i met. I think its a worthwhile addition, will appeal to some more than others obviously.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived