Dot - Icy Roads - Questions.

Fossils

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's up to the road user to drive in accordance with the conditions. The DoT will grit the main roads after a warning from the Met Office, but they can't be expected to do every single single minor road and residential street.

Christ, you want the government to wipe your arse for you and get you dressed in the morning too? They could always buy 300 gritters and grit every road all over the island every 10 minutes but your road tax would probably go up a notch.

I think if you can't drive on ice you should look closer to home for the problem ;)

I think it's up to the road user to drive in accordance with the conditions. The DoT will grit the main roads after a warning from the Met Office, but they can't be expected to do every single single minor road and residential street.

So Richmond Hill must have been re-categorised as a minor road this morning along with numerous other A-Roads?

It's been pretty funny this morning watching people driving up to Broadway traffic lights FAR TOO FAST and skidding and sliding all over the place. No proper accidents, just one little bump, but really what are these people thinking?

SLOW DOWN it's icy out there!

Christ, you want the government to wipe your arse for you and get you dressed in the morning too? They could always buy 300 gritters and grit every road all over the island every 10 minutes but your road tax would probably go up a notch.

That looks like a raw nerve there.

Just 1 gritter on 1 road before 08.00 would have been an improvement on what I've heard of or seen.

Just 1 gritter on 1 road before 08.00 would have been an improvement on what I've heard of or seen.

1 gritter on the road you happen to be driving on?

No gritter on the A-Road that I happened to be driving on. I'm sorry to have built your hopes up.

Archived