Best Game Of 2008

K.os Theory

Gears 2 gets my vote but pretty poor year overall.

You're smoking crack!

There have been many highly anticipated games but very few have delivered, I dont think ive bought a Wii game all year and nothing for the PS3 either.

My 360 collection has only really grown by 3 or 4 titles and it really wasnt hard to choose which of those I think was best.

Edit: Just picked up a second hand copy of resistance, ive been planning to buy resistance 2 but figured id play through fall of man first.

There have been many highly anticipated games but very few have delivered, I dont think ive bought a Wii game all year and nothing for the PS3 either.

My 360 collection has only really grown by 3 or 4 titles and it really wasnt hard to choose which of those I think was best.

It's been rubbish on the wii sure, but we've still had Super Smash Bros, boom blox and Okami this year. The ps3's had some long gaps in between good releases though, sure. Been an amazing year on 360, DS and PC though and there's still games I've not tried yet like Saints Row 2, Assasins Creed, Civ Rev, Pure and Burnout that I'm gagging to get a go on but have been putting off because there's so much good stuff around. 2008's seen GTA4, Gears 2, Fallout 3, Spore, Fable, Braid, Castle Crashers, Geo wars 2 plus Prof Layton and World Ends with you on the DS. Amazing stuff, you're deffo on crack!

Assasins creed wasn't all it was cracked up to be but was graphicaly superb.

GTA didn't quite live up to it's hype and saints row was what it should have been in terms of gameplay.

Burnout was good for the 5 minutes until I got bored but pure was great fun especialy in multiplayer.

Don't even get me started on spore, I have both pc and ds versions and both were (s)pore.

Professor Layton isn't bad though, I like the weekly download puzzles.

I have fallout 3 on the way and as for gears 2 brilliant!!!

Archived