[BBC News] Isle of Man's 'free' street party

Newsbot

Tibet? Congo? Iraq? Iran? Peel? I am sure there are plenty more places that Human Rights are not honored

i'm just curious jack ' but why did you edit out the bit you had where you said you supported the celebration of the declaration of human rights?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so if you yourselves want to join, and lend your actual support [rather than just a verbal shout] to the work undertaken in those places daily by DEC/ amnesty international and similar organisations, then please go to http://www.amnesty.org.uk/ and sign up... there's many ways we can all help...

Thanks for that.

I've been in Amnesty for over thirty years.

You twat.

And if you bothered to look, you'll find the same link posted here ages ago.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php...;hl=amnesty.org

that thread itself isn't very relevant tho is it now i've posted it here now already,

which you could have done yourself on your first post and offered support for the event of this thread's topic... you didn't

if you feel that's lazy of us, that's cool... and i don't really mind... if you think that makes me a tw*t... that's strange... and it upsets me that you have so much anger for someone trying to help people...

i get the impression that none of the detractors above understand what the declaration of human rights actually is.

Wrong.

If you bother to read through the various topics, you'll see a lot of the regular posters have an acute awareness of the declaration and the issues.

As for my 'Rank Hypocrisy'

Article 10 - Roly

Res ipsa loquiter

Perhaps a link to THIS before the event might have been of more interest to forum users than a simple declaration about the 'success' of an event that the vast majority were not even aware of.

probably true... but since it was the newsbot that placed the event here on this forum - and i chose to sign in and reply since the majority of replies to the newsbot had been so negative [ a forum where i hardly ever frequent, very few of anyone i know frequents, and to the best of my knowledge no-one involved in the organisation of the event frequents ] the event was publicised on the radio and local press were informed....

- i'd contest that to continually be negative to the event/this thread is still lacking a certain amount of.... "humanity"... or at least it only serves to undermine the whole "one world" concept

Perhaps a link to THIS before the event might have been of more interest to forum users than a simple declaration about the 'success' of an event that the vast majority were not even aware of.

There was an article in the Courier preceding the event? But from some of the kneejerk smartarse/negative comments on here, what would wider promotion of the event have achieved? An opportunity for you guys to slag it off before as well as after? Jeez.... :huh:

i get the impression that none of the detractors above understand what the declaration of human rights actually is.

Wrong.

If you bother to read through the various topics, you'll see a lot of the regular posters have an acute awareness of the declaration and the issues.

so... as i explicitly said "the detractors above"

are you therefore implying "all the detractors above understand the declaration of human rights, but have no wish to support people celebrating it" ?

that's just a question, not an accusation...

if that implication is true... i feel perfectly justified in my post, if false i have no idea why they would want to undermine this event with such facetious posts

you seem to also infer that it's my duty to read and learn about everyone here on this forum before making a post on one single thread. it is not my duty to do such a thing, and it would be hypocritical to ever judge someone's statement based on who they are and what they have said in the past...

all i have done on this thread is to say

"hey, it was quite a good day actually, don't knock it... and here's what we were dancing and playing music for" and you seem to have a problem with that...

if i've at any time "preached to the converted" then i would expect those converted to be only too happy to hear such preaching, since it's about humanity and compassion for all

probably true... but since it was the newsbot that placed the event here on this forum - and i chose to sign in and reply since the majority of replies to the newsbot had been so negative [ a forum where i hardly ever frequent, very few of anyone i know frequents, and to the best of my knowledge no-one involved in the organisation of the event frequents ] the event was publicised on the radio and local press were informed....

- i'd contest that to continually be negative to the event/this thread is still lacking a certain amount of.... "humanity"... or at least it only serves to undermine the whole "one world" concept

I'm sorry that you feel that a forum with over 9,000 members - the majority of them local - was an unsuitable place to advertise the event. I'm sure that the Courier - an advertising rag that travels directly from the letter box to the bin in most households - was far more appropriate. The fact is that a very large number of people now use the Internet as their primary source of news and information.

I think you really should get your head out of your arse and realise that no one is criticising the efforts of Amnesty. Indeed, it has, I believe, many dedicated supporters - such as Blue monday - on here.

The criticism is that the event was was poorly advertised and, to be honest, 'joyful' celebrations of an act that has been, and continues to be, either ignored or misused and abused, does not seem entirely appropriate.

I'm sorry that you feel that a forum with over 9,000 members - the majority of them local - was an unsuitable place to advertise the event. I'm sure that the Courier - an advertising rag that travels directly from the letter box to the bin in most households - was far more appropriate. The fact is that a very large number of people now use the Internet as their primary source of news and information.

that's not what i meant... i was saying that i only became aware of this forum's criticism of the event after i was told to look here... most people i know don't like this forum nor do they frequent it...

i am very internet "savvy" but i still glean the majority of my local news from the paper and people.... i totally agree it could have been advertised here, but it wasn't and that wasn't my responsibility... and i wasn't here to criticise that action, or inaction... just to give support to the event...

I think you really should get your head out of your arse and realise that no one is criticising the efforts of Amnesty. Indeed, it has, I believe, many dedicated supporters - such as Blue monday - on here.

The criticism is that the event was was poorly advertised and, to be honest, 'joyful' celebrations of an act that has been, and continues to be, either ignored or misused and abused, does not seem entirely appropriate.

if you show me a post where i've had my head up my arse i'll happily concede it, but i haven't...

all i have done is to try and support the event and say "don't undermine it" support it here [and post a link] ... if that's "head up my arse" mentality, so be it... i'd prefer to be that way than aggressive and offensive and resorting to calling people "twats" just because they're trying to help a cause...

Archived