[BBC News] Isle of Man's 'free' street party

Newsbot

Hey Ingie just ignore it man it seems to happen a lot.

It seems sometimes if you don't have 1000 posts then you just get slated for whatever you say, even if what you have to say makes sense.

It's not you who needs to 'get your head out of your ass'...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Ingie just ignore it man it seems to happen a lot.

It seems sometimes if you don't have 1000 posts then you just get slated for whatever you say, even if what you have to say makes sense.

It's not you who needs to 'get your head out of your ass'...

:)

it's okay, i simply don't like to think that someone is feeling so much violence from acts which are meant as compassionate and all embracing.

all i am doing is trying to say "it was really cool, and it was for a good cause, sign up here"

it just worries me that someone could take such an act as something which deserves angry negative replies...

Everyone has the right to be a twat, but you're abusing it.

Heyyy!! Fourm people Hiiii!!!

Dippity Doo here to bring everyone some happy time too!!!!!!!!!!

I see

The One World Centre co-ordinated the street party with a samba band and parade gathering at the Villa Marina.

I had that idea when I came to this forum long ago, a samba band at big Villa Marina and then to walk through Douglas Streets bringing happy time to all and joining in and blowing whistle and banging drum and music.

Here is Dippity Doo tune but this is only little people singing but you get the idea for when I do the Dippity Doo procession with all you forum people along but this is only little people singing but you get the idea:

Dippity_Day_002.mp3

Remember it go:

Dippity Doo, do, do

Dippity Dah, da, da

Dippity Doo Do Do

Dippity Tral la la la la h

la la la lahhh

da da de dahh

da da de da de da de dahhh

Bye for now and have a nice Dippity Happy time Saturday night.

[ a forum where i hardly ever frequent, very few of anyone i know frequents, and to the best of my knowledge no-one involved in the organisation of the event frequents ]

You'd be surprised who you know on here Ingie (I know you) ;)

I saw them in town and I took a leaflet to read, watched them for a bit and thought it was quite good (especially as I got some cake too). It wasn't bothering anybody, and those who were interested stopped to listen and look so I don't see why people are complaining about it.

Heyyy Man Jimmy !!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Be a happy man onthe Isle today. I been spreading many happiness for a long time on this forum and it is time to be HAPPYY!! when there is negativity looming. It is good to be back to do my work!!

Sing the Dippity Doo song and you will be happy today which is better than grumpy with a poker up the backside and a scowler on the face isn't it!!!

I said many moons ago for us all to meet up at Villa to bang drum and blow whistle and be hapy for a change and this is what happened but I wasn;t there.

Remember the song and be happy!!!

It go:

Dippity Doo, do, do

Dippity Dah, da, da

Dippity Doo Do Do

Dippity Tral la la la la h

la la la lahhh

da da de dahh

da da de da de da de dahhh

i get the impression that none of the detractors above understand what the declaration of human rights actually is... or why it is important...

so... to say it was either hypocrisy or "just an excuse" for something, really underlines the whole reason for this event; which was to educate people as to what the UDHC was for, and how it must be maintained... and the interest [and i can assure you that the majority of people in town weren't annoyed, but were joyed by the performances - and were glad to have this event taking place]

it's nothing to do with manx law to stand up and celebrate a universal declaration which shows how we all have equal rights, in which ever country we live, whether that country has signed up to the declaration or not... we are all still equal and have rights under this declaration...

and if that's a "hippy" attitude, then it's a sad loss for the world if everyone isn't a hippy by that definition... but is it not just common sense and humanitarian respect...

Is it the government who arranged this little party? If it is then it is hypocrisy. It is the Manx government that afford rights on the Isle of Man, and there are a number of issues I can think of where the Manx government has resisted affording such equality of rights and where they continue to do so. However, if this was organised by citizens who wish to highlight the achievement of the UDHR then it is a different matter.

[ a forum where i hardly ever frequent, very few of anyone i know frequents, and to the best of my knowledge no-one involved in the organisation of the event frequents ]

You'd be surprised who you know on here Ingie (I know you) ;)

I saw them in town and I took a leaflet to read, watched them for a bit and thought it was quite good (especially as I got some cake too). It wasn't bothering anybody, and those who were interested stopped to listen and look so I don't see why people are complaining about it.

ace...

i wasn't inferring "no-one" ... but few, in percentage terms :)

@ jimc' , w00t thanks :) and without pushing aside that thanks, i personally thought dippetty doo's post was more "refreshingly happy" than anything else, but that sorta thing can, i agree, make people look at you in a funny way... but i wouldn't judge a person by that... :)

@ la dolce, no it wasn't government organised... but [as far as i know] by the one world centre... as blue monday already linked to, here http://www.oneworldcentreiom.org/

anyway, i'm sure i speak for the people involved when i say; thanks for everyone that supported the event on saturday, either by helping out, having a dance to help the vibe along, or just talking to people there about the issues raised by the event...

to anyone who feels that the event could have been better publicised, well, in hindsight that can often be the case, but local media were aware, and the reception in the street was welcoming and receptive - and you can't ever advertise something to everyone's satisfaction...

and far be it from me to suggest that anyone here is or is not a publicised or private active member of any organisation involved with the one world centre/ amnesty international/ d.e.c or similar ngo, but if anyone isn't and would like to be... please help in whatever way you can, as outlined in posts above, amnesty international isn't just about promoting these ideals, but in real action behind these ideals, in ever-continuing work against regimes, situations, conflicts, struggles. which in today's "smaller planet" - with the ever increasing inter-dependency we have on each other even the most local-looking of us could not disagree; has an affect, however small, on all our lives...

and nor am i suggesting that anyone not a member of such an organisation does not look out for such issues, we all have our own ways of helping... :)

and as a last thing... and since it was mentioned here also, the D.E.C Congo appeal is available online, where anyone can donate to aid the emergency relief [ DEC target specific areas for fundraising over a period of time to make the logistics more efficient, all funds collected via their appeal at the moment are for the congo ]

http://www.dec.org.uk/donate_now/

thanks

to anyone who feels that the event could have been better publicised, well, in hindsight that can often be the case,

Hey man I know the feeling but forum pretend people like the party

click for Dippity Doo Samba March from 2 year ago from Mr Corkill and Builders court when everybody had long face

Is it the government who arranged this little party? If it is then it is hypocrisy. It is the Manx government that afford rights on the Isle of Man, and there are a number of issues I can think of where the Manx government has resisted affording such equality of rights and where they continue to do so. However, if this was organised by citizens who wish to highlight the achievement of the UDHR then it is a different matter.

LDV you realy are an anarchic self opinionated idealistic supercilious twat arn't you?

LDV you realy are an anarchic self opinionated idealistic supercilious twat arn't you?

I just may be idealistic. And there may an element of superciliousness in my posts demonstrated when answering yours posts, but this is hardly surprising. I mean, how do you take offence or get riled by this? I can possibly understand why you may get riled when I get cross about homophobic or racist behaviour because you have argued in the most majoritarian white and heterophobic terms. But I don't call you a twat for your perspective as much as I don't agree with it.

All I was saying was that in terms of human rights the Island's government has lagged behind the UK in affording equal rights to its citizens, but this is not to say that the UK government is anything wonderful. My point was that if this party was organised by the government it would seem very hypocritical, but it was not organised by the government, I misread the article. What is wrong with that? Do you think the Island's government is a shining beacon of liberty and equality?

All I was saying was that in terms of human rights the Island's government has lagged behind the UK in affording equal rights to its citizens, but this is not to say that the UK government is anything wonderful. My point was that if this party was organised by the government it would seem very hypocritical, but it was not organised by the government, I misread the article. What is wrong with that? Do you think the Island's government is a shining beacon of liberty and equality?

Surely it's more hypocritical to expect the government to be protecting human rights and, on the other hand, be calling for the (presumably) violent overthrow of the state. You can't have it both ways.

Archived