Iom Newspapers Meets Viz

%age

Apparently a single red squirrel can in the course of just one day, rob 6 banks, sell a kilo of coke to under 5s, steal at least 3 cars and slaughter an entire field full of 'pitbull terrier like' dogs.

And that's before they've necked a crate of WKD.

Beatrix Potter was forced to write The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin at gunpoint by 'Mad Twelve Bore' Tufty Fluffytail.

Maybe for an encore they could publish a picture of what Tony Brown would look like as a Smurf. Its something I'd like to see for the hell of it. Maybe I should fabricate a Smurf related story for next weeks Examiner to give them the opportunity?

Can you get me one as a pet please BlueMonday?

Not unless Amadeus lends me his tank.

They're evil I tell ye.

You are SO right!

Crackheads and thugs the lot of them.

Look at these examples:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article96909.ece

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=l27HNNieARo

:lol:

IoM Today report

I really like this Isle of Man Newspapers article.

PLAIN NUTS? How Peel MHK Tim Crookall might look like as a red squirrel

post-2735-1228657080_thumb.jpg

Well done reporter Adrian Darbyshire for showing a light side to the House of Keys!

The article is complete bollocksanyway - 'We haven't that many hazel trees so they won't be able to get sufficient nuts'? F**king idiot. Go to see the red squirrel reserve in Formby, Merseyside or the red squirrels at CenterParcs (sic) in the Lake District. Both are pine forests, not a hazel tree for miles.

They should release a couple of dozen Red squirrels in Ballaugh Plantation - there's no native animals there anyway, seeing as it is an artificial monoculture.

Red/grey - they'd both be immigrants on the Isle of Man. BTW, they exist quite happily eating pine seeds and nuts - fir, spruce and larch, for example, as well as any nuts they can find. A good sign they are around is finding the disctinctive nibbled pine cones under trees - I've seen reds very often in Scotland, in forests which were mostly if not totally mixed conifers - not conifer monocultures.

Either way - it's a risk bringing in any non-native species. A few Great Elk now ...!

Ask Graham Joughin at the Isle of Man Woodlands Trust then ask Duncan the guy in charge of the Manx Wildlife Trust and you will find that the answer is the same both times, Reds eat the pines from Scots Pines and since we do not have a large enough number, they will eat birds eggs etc , this would cause massive distruction to local populations of small birds that are already decreased.

Archived