Things Go Better With Coke?

Lonan3

£1m cocaine haul vanishes

Almost a million pounds worth of cocaine has disappeared from a double-locked cell at a police station on the Falkland Islands.

Twenty-nine packets of the drug had been seized from a fishing vessel at the end of October and officers decided to store the evidence in the Port Stanley station pending any trial. Two suspects arrested in connection with the seizure were also held at the police station but were allowed out of their cells at night and had the run of a corridor to use a toilet and a kitchen.

However, the corridor also gave access to the cell storing the drugs, as well as weapons used by the Royal Falkland Islands Police. The cell is said to have a large gap between the bottom of the door and the floor.Last week officers found that 23 of the 29 packets of drugs, weighing over 30 kilograms and with an estimated street value of more than £1 million, had gone missing.

A court on the island was told that a defendant, who has been charged with theft and perverting the course of justice, had taken advantage of his “freedom to roam” and found the drugs.

Penguin News, an island newspaper, reported that it was said that he simply put his hand through the “substantial gap” at the bottom of the door and removed the packets of drugs one by one over several days.

See... it just goes to show that prison doesn't work! :rolleyes:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Almost a million pounds worth of cocaine has disappeared from a double-locked cell at a police station on the Falkland Islands.

Oh dear, the Falkland Islands population is tiny - less then 3000. The impact of such a drug on that small community could be devastating.

I await LDV's comments on how the oppressed drug smuggler was forced by the evils of a capatilist society to do it and how as he carried the drugs he has a right to them, not forgetting how the locals of the Falklands or will he say Maldives are forced to live under British oppression when they have the right to live under Argentinian oppression and have the freedom to be tortured.

Nah Blue, I do not think coke is quite as easy to debate as cannabis or E's or mushrooms or heroin, its a sneaky little monkey. I wouldn't judge anyone for taking coke (well.....I would but not publicly) it is their life, but that is the point, a coke habit is for life, not just the weekends & the addiction kinda sneaks up on people (least that is how it seems to me). Sadly this is not an area covered in the majority of anti-drug publications they have, just the usual nonsense about it being bad for you and no fun at all. The very sad thing about cocaine addiction is you never get you back as you were before it happened, suppose its a bit like being an alcoholic or a smoker (yeah my giving up smoking went really well, while it lasted, but I'd rather spend a tenner a month on baccy & smell bad, than £200 a day on some bashed up novocaine & be a 'jibbering wreck')

Now, whats all this nonsense about voting sheep and penguins? Leave my libby mate alone you bunch of macho Evo drivers, you.

I await LDV's comments on how the oppressed drug smuggler was forced by the evils of a capatilist society to do it and how as he carried the drugs he has a right to them, not forgetting how the locals of the Falklands or will he say Maldives are forced to live under British oppression when they have the right to live under Argentinian oppression and have the freedom to be tortured.

I'm here! Sounds like you are doing a good enough job yourself, however little it makes sense.

It just don't think people should get banged up for having drugs, that's all.

I thought we hadn't heard from salford for a while.

Salford! No way, Salford is just super strong skunk.

I don't get why people do coke, why spend so much money on something that apparently doesn't do a great deal, as it is very expensive stuff.

Archived