Supermarkets

Lee54

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I someone tells you that something should not be looked into, then you are going to ask why.... I for one would like to know why Alan does not want it looked into.

I would think because it goes against the islands economic strategy. Why would you except a single company? Seems to me Juan's singled out tesco's because it's a visible high volume operation, but there's other companies locally that turn over far more that he's probably blissfully unaware of.

Its been rumoured for a while now that

...Elvis is alive and well

...Aliens are watching us

...Illuminati secretly rule the world

Any evidence that Tesco are to build this new superstore?

On the run up the Christmas Tesco have announced today that they are to reduce the cost of toys by 60%, this cant be of much help to the small retailers who depend on the Christmas sales to boost any income.

Disgraceful. I for one call on our government to stop this ridiculous practice of competition. Oh for the day when everything in the Island comes from one big shop which sets the national price for all goods.

If you have a business, you compete with others. If you can't match your competition, you go out of business. No great shock there. Perhaps the government should just close the store down, and then you can come on and troll about how little choice there is in the Island and how a major supermarket would be a major gain.

Seems like supermarkets are on their way out in the UK - and about time too.

I doubt it, your average chicken nugget munching 2for1 buying bargain hunting shoppers don't give a shit about ethical food. Unfortunatley they probably make up the majority in supermarket shoppers. Nice idea and I wish it was true, but I imagine Tescos is here to stay.

I doubt it, your average chicken nugget munching 2for1 buying bargain hunting shoppers don't give a shit about ethical food. Unfortunatley they probably make up the majority in supermarket shoppers. Nice idea and I wish it was true, but I imagine Tescos is here to stay.

I certainly don't think people give a shit about ethical foods and payless attention to healthy foods when they have a lesser income than the national average.

I certainly cannot see this springing up soon in my area of Salford, but you never know. I definitely like the sound of it though.

Unfortunately, I don't think Tesco will go away soon either.

post-2251-1228901741_thumb.jpg

Heh. From what I gather from this article:

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=29150

He really doesn't understand the concept of indirect taxation.

I think he just might you know.

I believe that the revised Common Purse agreement involves a connection to the GDP of the Island versus the GDP of the UK. Ergo, the greater the GDP, the greater the proportion of VAT assigned to the Island.

Where does the turnover / profits of a UK based supermarket show up? I am guessing through the UK, therefore, falsely adding to the GDP of the UK.

I stand to be completely corrected, as I do not profess to be an expert.

Archived