[BBC News] Rubbish fly-tipped near reservoir

Newsbot

Fly-tippers dump rubbish including a washing machine, tools and bags of refuse near an Isle of Man reservoir.

Source : http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/world/...man/7776511.stm

How on earth does this sort of thing get on BBC news?

And does the IOM really need 3 BBC reporters for 80,000 people?

Pretty soon we'll have to create stories for them.

The sums are quite simple, especially in today's UK Government/BBC anti-Isle of Man stance.

The British Broadcasting Corporation take a few £million off us per year in licence fees and to shut us the fuck up they spend, say, £150,000-£200,000 on three reporters and support.

. . . and all to tell us about a potato and a dumped washing machine and stuff. Aye, with you lot the penny will drop sometime.

Either we are an independent country or we are not. The Isle of Man needs to decide. We simply can't have it both ways can we. It seems to me that us paying the BBC licence fee is indicative of our mixed feelings and the Island's ability to ride two horses.

Considering all that is happening and will be happening between our respective Governments, perhaps it is best that we didn't complain too much about our £139.50 annual licence fee or for that matter a handful of reporters (and now a cameraman) .

(mmmh, I wonder what the collective noun for reporters/journalists is?)

Who cares, I gave the name and address of a fly tipper on Marine Drive a few weeks ago, just because the bloke got his girlfriend to say he fly tipped it elsewhere, the Police would not follow it up.

I have yet to see anyone proper done for fly tipping.

Why do people do that - isn't it just as easy to take it to the tip as driving drive into the middle of nowhere to dump it?

Probably commercial dumped like that because the tip will charge.

In that case, couldn't they do the decent thing and fly-tip at the gates of the tip?

I do not quite understand fly tipping, if you can be bothered to drive all the way to the reservoir to chuck your junk out, why not just go that extra mile and a half and chuck it in the place by HSS/MFBP/Hartford? Used to be the amenity site but then some stuff happened with it and now, who knows what it is? We dropped some stuff down there the other day, it was very very easy, you drive in, take the stuff out of the car and leave it there, revolutionary? to some maybe, but really, it is very simple. They do not even mind if the stuff is totally useless, for example our old bathroom carpet was no good for anything, they let us throw that in one of the skips, how kind? Fly tippers...they are just a bit tooo simple, lacking in education it seems.

Edit...erm....I forgot my point :) Commercial places can also make use of the facilities down in Pulrose, it might cost something but if they use a personal looking car and are not disposing of nuclear waste I can not see the people down their complaining, they are lovely. Friendly, nice and helpful...you dont get that from the corporation very often now, do ya?

Pretty soon we'll have to create stories for them.

No need for that, they're pretty adept at making up / perpetuating stories for their own benefit without our help.

Why do people do that - isn't it just as easy to take it to the tip as driving drive into the middle of nowhere to dump it?

If the local authorities put a penny on the rates they could provide a free collection service occasionally. Lots of people haven't got cars to take their old stiuff to the amenity site.

If the local authorities put a penny on the rates they could provide a free collection service occasionally. Lots of people haven't got cars to take their old stiuff to the amenity site.

so ppl who havent got cars will walk to the middle of now where to dump things b4 thay walk to the amentiy site :rolleyes:

or have am i posting in the wrong topic :D

Archived