What Should Replace Woolworths

Lonan3

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Primark or Matalan - PLEASE!!!!!!

Christ, you've got low aspirations!

And you presumably don't have expensive kids to buy clothes for.

Primarni stuff is actually very good. Matalan on the other hand!!!

Expensive kids - I didn't realise they came in different price ranges. Is it like Tesco Value and Tesco Finest? ;)

I thought Primark might have taken over Littlewoods when it shut a few years ago, they took over a lot of their shops.

Birch the Homo

Could be on to something there

Remember when we were forced to legalise homosexuality back in the 90s ?

Various members of Tynwald forecast that the Island would become a mecca for homos from all over the world with gay bars & bath houses filling Strand St and the Prom. This, they said, would mean the end of society in the IOM as we knew it

Well, bugger all has happened since then so perhaps it's time to target the pink pound with a government sponsord conversion of Woolies into a gay sex superstore. The basement could be painted black and filled with a leather, latex & lubricant disco

The enterprise could be called something like " The Winfield Whiplash Club" to reflect the heritage of the building

How about a tagline: "All you have to gain is your chains"

Birch the Homo

Various members of Tynwald forecast that the Island would become a mecca for homos from all over the world with gay bars & bath houses filling Strand St and the Prom. This, they said, would mean the end of society in the IOM as we knew it

Well, bugger all has happened since then so perhaps it's time to target the pink pound with a government sponsord conversion of Woolies into a gay sex superstore. The basement could be painted black and filled with a leather, latex & lubricant disco

The enterprise could be called something like " The Winfield Whiplash Club" to reflect the heritage of the building

If you build it, they will come.

Birch the Homo

Lubricant disco, sounds good to me! Not sure about the whips and chains, sounds a bit scary to me.

Either Primark or Asda (with George) ftw! Although actually my money is on it being pulled down and rebuilt - the building is a right mess - don't think it'll be apartments - prime location and all that. Let's take bets on another coffee house... Starbucks anyone?

I'm sure another big come across big name superstore would go down just as well as Tesco does with the pitchfork wielding locals. Yet they still spend millions in there every year.....mmmm somethings not right there....

Argos would be nice. The plonker who suggested PC World needs his scrotum pulled over his head for that. I work in IT, and the last thing I need is a mass influx of cheap tat and broken goods they peddle.

I agree that some sort of entertainment venue would be a top idea. A decent cinema would be a good start because lets face the ones we have are left overs from a dying age.

The plonker who suggested PC World needs his scrotum pulled over his head for that. I work in IT, and the last thing I need is a mass influx of cheap tat and broken goods they peddle.

Yeah - we all want to carry on paying the at least plus 30 percent v the UK that we currently pay if you buy a PC here.

I looked at buying a laptop locally this year, got the same model over £150 cheaper in the UK - and it wasn't on offer.

I'd vote for staples...does reasonably priced PCs and hardware etc. but also would lower the price of office materials which are also OTT here.

The plonker who suggested PC World needs his scrotum pulled over his head for that. I work in IT, and the last thing I need is a mass influx of cheap tat and broken goods they peddle.

Yeah - we all want to carry on paying the at least plus 30 percent v the UK that we currently pay if you buy a PC here.

I looked at buying a laptop locally this year, got the same model over £150 cheaper in the UK - and it wasn't on offer.

Was that quote from the likes of Waltons or Colburns?

If it was might I suggest you try one of the other firms on the Island. I could PM you name of the company I work for on the Island who could probably provide you with a very competative quote and excellent after care service.

How about an assisted suicide centre?

This month's special offer - Mother-in-laws done for half our normal rates.

Think of the local benefits. Passengers flocking in by boat and plane to the Isle of Man, 'Jewel in the Sea of Voluntary Death'

Archived