What Should Replace Woolworths

Lonan3

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about an assisted suicide centre?

I don't think that's as daft an idea as it sounds, though maybe not have it in in the high street. It's inevitable IMO that this will be allowed at some stage, highly controverisal, but would certainly put the island on the map.

...Steam-Racket wouldn't be so impressed - just selling one way tickets though.

That's not very business-like. You could charge double.

To be honest I'd pay them to take mine off my hands.

A place where you could go and pick up stuff which you would be able to order off the internet using stores which don't normally deliver to the IOM. Obviously paying very slightly more for to cover the additional costs and to allow the local firm to be viable. Presumably dealing with a delivery destination somewhere close to Heysham.

And maybe they could also do pickups from Ikea in Warrington and Habitat in Dublin (or somewhere) for a reasonable additional price.

That business is so waiting to happen.

A 200 foot high plastic kipper fitted with a revolving head with lazer beam eyes and a sound system that plays random manx phrases interspersed with the greatest hits of Rolf Harris.

Bound to enhance the Douglas shopping 'experience'

Nando's

years ago, my business partner and I looked into getting the franchise to Nandos but they gave us the knockback saying that they only franchised out the name to interested parties outside the UK as inside the UK the mother company wanted to open all stores themselves. they also hinted that they were looking into the Island as a possible place to open but that was probably about 7 years ago.

Otherwise i agree with 3vo the kids hangout from that movie with ufc sytle cage, i could supply some of the local fighters!

Archived