What Should Replace Woolworths

Lonan3

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nandos? Jeez. As if we haven't got enough identikit fast food places staffed with people on minimum wage.

How can you compare Nandos and the likes of McD's and KFC. Unlike the other two, Nandos has proper tables and chairs, not plastic things bolted to the floor to stop the locals using them as weapons. And knives and forks. You know like they have in proper restaurants.

How can you compare Nandos and the likes of McD's and KFC. Unlike the other two, Nandos has proper tables and chairs, not plastic things bolted to the floor to stop the locals using them as weapons. And knives and forks. You know like they have in proper restaurants.

Wow. Chairs and knives and forks.

What a unique selling point

Wow. Chairs and knives and forks.

What a unique selling point

I did wonder if that would be to fancy and high flying for the locals. Yeah lets make a Moochers HyperMart.

Nandos? Jeez. As if we haven't got enough identikit fast food places staffed with people on minimum wage.

Exactly, what are shoprite going to do for staff if these places employ all the dregs

Oi watch it, my young one works in Shoprite and she is FAR from the dregs, I think maybe you are confusing Shoprite with Tescos. Be fair to Shoprite, aside from a few useless old boilers they have working on the tills now and again, the majority of their staff are pleasant, helpful and clean :)

Oi watch it, my young one works in Shoprite and she is FAR from the dregs, I think maybe you are confusing Shoprite with Tescos. Be fair to Shoprite, aside from a few useless old boilers they have working on the tills now and again, the majority of their staff are pleasant, helpful and clean :)

I didn't say all, but lets face it the intelligent ones tend to be put in positions best suited. When the store gets busy they tend to wheel out the reserve squad, you know the ones I mean, you ask them a question about where a product is and a sudden expression of sheer panic crosses their faces followed by a blank expression with them wandering off muttering, or the ones who when you carefully take an undammaged cream cake in a box to the till proceed to spint the box in several directions to find the bar code in the process smearing the cream from the cake around the inside of the box then looking bemused when you ask then to then go and get another undamaged one once they have ruined the first one.

The food is of similar quality, except Nandos has higher volumes of salt. Nandos is just fast-food trying to masquerade as a real restaurant.

:angry:

I beg to differ ! If you provide the choice and the right shopping environment then it will be used. Walking, fishing, golfing and boating/sailing are some of the most popular activities on the Island (naturally). We all own at least one decent waterproof jacket of some description (and walking shoes, boots), its a must in our climate, but how many of them were bought locally?. They are being wooped by the internet or from trips away.

No one thought there was room for a Tesco here or loads of coffee shops but they are all birsting at the seams !

Build it and they will come !

Newsons, Millets, TK Maxx and intersport all do good outdoor stuff. I just think we're covered in that regard. There used to be another outdoor shop, think it was called 'the outdoor shop' that went bust. It's just not in huge demand here. Most manxies spend their weekends in front of the telly, not out walking.

When was the last time you had to queue in either millets or newsons?

Incidently, 20% off everything at millets if you print this out:

http://www.jusan.co.uk/Friends_Family_Email2.pdf

That TK Maxx has got to be the worst I've ever been in and I've been in most of em'.

It's packed to the gills with hideous glittery "party tops", novelty toiletry kits and vile synthetic items

that I am sure have been on the rails unsold in Liverpool and Birkenhead for months.

I'm fed up of doing all my clothes shopping in a Supermarket Sweep style frenzy a couple of times a year when I'm across the water

That Woolies has a prime location - Why cant we get something decent for once?

I'm embarrassed to tell non island mates that the height of bloody sophistication over here is River Island and Internacionale!

Am I right girls?

But whats the bet we'll end up with another sodding Tesco

Archived