Feats Of Daring-do

Mission

It's not often you get to feel proud to be British these days (it's almost as if it's been outlawed) but this article (or the scanned copy of it that I got emailed certainly did put a bit of a lump in my throat as I was reading it (probably only those that still have a bit of 'little boy' in them and of a certain age will feel teh same).

HMS Bloody Awesome!

Ships Webby

Ignoring the cost, and the fact the Navy has and continues to have to make cuts it's still nice to know that Britain has the skills and means to pull something like this off.

I'm sure a few of these alongside one of the new Queen Elizabeth class carriers would be a sight to behold in a few years time.

Nice target on what i assume to be the radar tower!

Has it got the goalkeeper missile system?

There were talks and even trials i think of putting a stripped down rapier fsc system on a ship at some point. FSC hooked into a ships radar would be fun.

edit: read the specs and by fook it has some missile/radar system on board!

It's not often you get to feel proud to be British these days

You never know, someone might send it smashing into a rock.

If you support Britain's foreign policy, or more particularly believe its current defence policy is correct then the destroyer is needed, as are the large aircraft carriers. Britain cannot conduct expeditionary operations on a regular basis with the aircraft carriers and destroyers it has.

It can also take 60 Special Forces troops, a large Chinook or Apache attack helicopters as well as Merlin anti-submarine helicopters.

Awesome and much needed.

Fantastic ship and it has Ipod docks built in. WOW.

What? That is a fine piece of engineering sir, check out the quality of those gasket joints, lovely. It would be nicer in a different colour & without all the guns though :) When we were on holiday there were lots of military aircraft flying about the place (thats what you get for going to Iraq....) I have to say I felt quite ill every time one went over, just thinking about what they were for, how mothers in war zones live with that fear and its a reality, nah, not nice.

Archived