Zutons

Slim

Superb show, which I wasn't really expecting as I'm not a huge fan. Really enjoyed it, top musicians and some great songs. Hate the way Villa gigs are so full of folks who aren't into it though, just buying tickets because it's a big name band then standing there statue still watching, feh.

Seemed fuller than normal, have they raised the numbers allowed in?

To be fair, its only because they're a name that they sold out, Doves didn't sell out and they were quality, just no-one know's them. Anywhere else and you'd have a gig full of proper fans that would love all the album or new stuff that they've not had in the charts. Have to say, i was one of those that went but wasn't a big fan, going didn't change that, couple of tunes apart i thought it was garbage, good musicians, crap tunes imo.

I only get cross with people who go to the front of things they are not too fussed about, any support for a band has to be good. How else do bands get popular? It is a great shame that people only goto see 'Popular bands', I think that might be one of the reasons we only get 'has beens', even The Doves are a bit olden days music (I remember being at the front of them on my own at Glastonbury 6 years ago, because noone else liked them, only me). I don't know about The Zutons, I have heard some of their music but its not really my thing, so I didnt go, I was going to go to Spirit of the Age but then my husband and son got 'the man flu' so I had my mummy nurse head on.

Mo, what (or who) is your sig all about?

I enjoyed it, the singers got some voice on him. Yeah the crowd was dead but it always is in there, most people only got going when they played valerie. <_< and once that was done it was back to just standing there

I've been to a few other gigs at the villa that were virtually empty because they were not "known bands" but were amazing, namely the doves, the super furry animals and the charlatans, it's really good to get such big bands over here and it's just a shame they are not supported because they are not mainstream

Damn!

Why don't they advertise these things?

I love their mailing list link:

http://www.gov.im/villagaiety/

Click it, go on :)

PS: Cheers! You just made me check to see Ross Noble availability, and some tickets had re-appeard, woot!

Someone probably needs to tell them how to do a proper mailto: link :)

That email link is brilliant..

Seconded John Gomm. He is brilliant

Just noticed on there. Titanic The Musical.

It was just a big boat, no need to make a song and dance about it... ba dump tsch thankyou I'll be here all week.

Archived