Long Tale Tv: Xmas Edition

Owen

That was method acting a-la Brando, De Niro etc

Method acting being where the actor becomes the character in the actor's daily life. So Dustin Hoffman would dress as a woman prior to playing Tootsie, or De Nero would put on 4 stone before Raging Bull. I must say it shows extreme dedication to the method to spend twenty years inhabiting the persona of an irritable restaurateur simply to play that role in a five minute internet sketch.

It was quite lame if I'm honest. Could you please explain what was unique and funny about it? It had the possibility of being hilarious but then....In a few months I might consider posting a link to our Manx TV reports, from places like the old Prison and theres also one from the day the old Microwave masts in the west of the island were cut down, now they are funny.

Edit :Mr Bees thinks its funny, I suppose there are some funny moments when you watch it again...hmmmm

I thought it was excellent stuff. Thanks a lot LongtaleTV.

Oh dear, I'm a bit worried about the interpretation of what Gordon Brown may do to us on the Isle of Man though. I think it is going to be rather painful. It is a somewhat difficult image to erase from the memory.

A nice bit of Jockenese coming from the reporter up there in Stirling.

And I shall be studying my burger a little more carefully next time I'm in that there Route 66!

Oh, and good to see King David getting a mention. Just when we had nearly forgotten about him.

Archived