[mr] Dot To Face No Confidence Vote

wideload

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=29684

ha ha ha ha ha, its taken an agreement over a link span we've had for years to get a "no confidence vote" , how about all the times they've started a project and cocked it up in some way (Kewaigue, Governors bridge & coming soon; The Super QB Roundabout Clusterfuck )

I think that statement shows just how little you know about the DoT and how each section is a seperate entity, in no way are the same people involved in the link span that are also involved in the roads. but here again I suppose everything you do is perfect

I think that statement shows just how little you know about the DoT and how each section is a seperate entity, in no way are the same people involved in the link span that are also involved in the roads. but here again I suppose everything you do is perfect

Well if you're acknowledging all them cock-ups over various sub-entities of the DoT then they've pretty much got your vote of no confidence in their managerial skills..

Is the motion likely to even be seconded?

Having Bill Malarkey 'on board' with Peter Karran was a massive asset. At least having a seconder will allow the motion to be debated and then voted on. And that is where our politicians' true colours show.

No seconder, them the motion will drop like a stone off the end of the Victoria Pier.

We should listen to what Peter Karran has to say to the motion. If you agree with it but your MHK (or for that matter, any MHK) doesn't second it then you should ask them why. If they don't have a damn good reply then they should consider if they are worthy of your vote at the next election.

Why just over the linkspan? They should have a vote of no confidence for every badly implemented, expensive, useless scheme they have overseen in the last 5 years. A complete waste of public money most of them. £4m for a new roundabout at Quarterbridge say's it all - in a recession we can't afford these bozo's making spending more money than ever to make things 10 times worse.

What's up with Gov. Bridge? It's a big improvement.

It's a big improvement on having the road closed for four or five weeks. Other than that, It's a complete waste of money.

If they taught roundabout usage and how to give way occassionally at driving school we could have saved an awful lot of money by now.

Is there a set thing for round abouts when driving? I always give way to the right, unless there is someone already on the roundabout, in which case I take my turn but often, there is no space to take my turn because people dont seem to want the roundabouts to work as they should. Peel and Port Erin people are the worst for this, bus drivers are especially bad for charging at roundabouts (its a bit dangerous, that is, mr Bus drivers)

Is there a set thing for round abouts when driving? I always give way to the right, unless there is someone already on the roundabout, in which case I take my turn but often, there is no space to take my turn because people dont seem to want the roundabouts to work as they should. Peel and Port Erin people are the worst for this, bus drivers are especially bad for charging at roundabouts (its a bit dangerous, that is, mr Bus drivers)

yes roundabouts are that simple, the trouble is everyone using it has to be in the same mentality and you have to be able to tell in a split second when you can go, otherwise everyone just stops and your sitting there looking at each other.

roundabouts were easier in the uk because they were larger than most on the isle of man also I've noticed that some roundabouts have very poor visibility for some of the junctions, a good example being the roundabout in front of Bradden church on the Peel road, going into Douglas you have to be on junction itself to see safely up Saddle road so more often than not you have to stop.

Archived