[BBC News] Robbers attack pizza shop worker

Newsbot

From my observations none of the staff at that particular establishment have the natural tint of a born manxman (orange hair, beergut and pale skin) so their ability to distinguish between a local and a scouse accent is moot, let alone northern irish as opposed to southern irish.

Is there not also a notice to the effect that no cash is left on the premises overnight, a possible insurers condition of cover?

I see inside job here, just speculation of course.

How much dough is a substantial amount?

Must have been a fair bit of Cheddar.

A friend of mine got caught shoplifting in an Alternative Chemists, he got let off with a herbal warning.

I don't condone robbery but the way they drive I have to admit that I've often been tempted to just turn up and randomly punch one of them in the face for no real reason whatsover just so that next time a red Micra driven by some angry spotty faced loser cuts me up at 70mph on the Terrace I'd feel so much better about myself.

Inside job written all over it.

Can't ever remember a burglary being carried out using that MO on the island before, and a "large amount of cash" taken. Don't you pay for a pizza before it is delivered ?. (don't know, don't use them) Cash would be from customers walking in to the shop, I guess a small part of the buisiness. Not an obvious target, I would assume that the owner would cash up ever night. lastly, Scouse and Irish ?. That's guarenteed to put the old bill off the scent...........

Inside job written all over it.

Can't ever remember a burglary being carried out using that MO on the island before, and a "large amount of cash" taken. Don't you pay for a pizza before it is delivered ?. (don't know, don't use them) Cash would be from customers walking in to the shop, I guess a small part of the buisiness. Not an obvious target, I would assume that the owner would cash up ever night. lastly, Scouse and Irish ?. That's guarenteed to put the old bill off the scent...........

If you have it delivered you pay cash to the driver. He, presumably, takes the cash back to the shop.

Still waiting for just one person to suggest it really is a robbery, can't wait for the outcome/jury trial.

OK, I suggest it really was a robbery.

Of course, like everyone else posting, I haven't a clue whether it was or not, but hey, why let that stop us?

OK, I suggest it really was a robbery.

Of course, like everyone else posting, I haven't a clue whether it was or not, but hey, why let that stop us?

Clever tactic to try and take the attention away from yourself there. It was you wasn't it?

Archived