Brass Band Shakedown

MilitantDogOwner

Look if all you die hand brass band fans actually went to the venued event and support with you wallets there, maybe they wouldnt have to be cold calling people.

You all bang on about its Xmas, its Xmas. I didnt know that charity was season specific or does the guilt of over loading your kids with toys they dont need that you have to fork out that bit extra at Xmas?

Maybe your kids would of enjoyed it more if you took them to the venue so they can see the band perform whole songs.

Lohan3 surely from your post its you that needs you double glazing sorted if you can hear the kids playing in the garden next door.

This entire forum, not just this thread, is like some big exclusive boys club, if your not part of the crowd your told to shut up and stop moaning.

I think you started it! pot calling the kettle black I think!

Care to explain.

By the way what charity were the band supporting?

moaning!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if my having an opinion is considered moaning theres no point in carrying on this thread.

I know trying to question or challenge anything on the IOM is like asking the tide not to come. The Manx will fight change to the death no matter what the cause. No wonder of 50% of the IOM's population is only Manx. Dying breed.

Well if my having an opinion is considered moaning theres no point in carrying on this thread.

I know trying to question or challenge anything on the IOM is like asking the tide not to come. The Manx will fight change to the death no matter what the cause. No wonder of 50% of the IOM's population is only Manx. Dying breed.

Do you like xmas?

You failed to answer my question.

Dunno, wasn't there, and don't really see it as relevant. As to what charity, the band itself.

OH Lordy!!! I'm sorry I spoke against the holy word of Slim and Declan. If they say it is so then by christ it will be so. The entire world does not revolve around me or you. If people want to give to charity NO MATTER WHAT TIME OF YEAR IT IS they will go to the charity. This is cold calling begging simple as.

Huh? I disagreed with you, not the other way around. It's your miserable selfish ranting we're responding to here.

You failed to answer my question.

Dunno, wasn't there, and don't really see it as relevant. As to what charity, the band itself.

OH Lordy!!! I'm sorry I spoke against the holy word of Slim and Declan. If they say it is so then by christ it will be so. The entire world does not revolve around me or you. If people want to give to charity NO MATTER WHAT TIME OF YEAR IT IS they will go to the charity. This is cold calling begging simple as.

Huh? I disagreed with you, not the other way around. It's your miserable selfish ranting we're responding to here.

So I'm giving money to a charity (the band) so that it can go around and collect money for a charity (the band). SO they arent collecting so somethign abit more in need of charity money, like the homeless, the eldery or even animals?

If I'm going to give money to a charity (which I do by the way), I'd like to see my money put to good use, not so some wally with a trumpet can enjoy his hobby.

So I'm giving money to a charity (the band) so that it can go around and collect money for a charity (the band). SO they arent collecting so somethign abit more in need of charity money, like the homeless, the eldery or even animals?

If I'm going to give money to a charity (which I do by the way), I'd like to see my money put to good use, not so some wally with a trumpet can enjoy his hobby.

If it was douglas town band, they provide a much needed activity for kids while teaching them music. You're probably the kind of bloke who winges about kids hanging round on street corners, and the band is something that reduces this kind of thing. There's a good few brass bands on the island, all run by volunteers and charitable donations and they do a bloody good job. It's a good charity, and one that helps people in your area rather than somewhere thousands of miles away.

I love threads like this - great reading. I have never laaaaaaafffed so much on a Wednesday morning in a long time. Keep going!! Tit for Tat - Tit for Tat - YEAH.

Ding Dong merrily on high - I love to see a scraaaap,

Ding Dong verily the sky get stroked for a ham bap,

Glorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrIA

Hosana in Exelcius

I like Christmas - I'm really excited - 8 more sleeps

:D:D:D:D:D

If it was douglas town band, they provide a much needed activity for kids while teaching them music. You're probably the kind of bloke who winges about kids hanging round on street corners, and the band is something that reduces this kind of thing. There's a good few brass bands on the island, all run by volunteers and charitable donations and they do a bloody good job. It's a good charity, and one that helps people in your area rather than somewhere thousands of miles away.

Yes I am the kind of bloke that moans about kids hanging around on street corners. How about they join something useful in later life like work skill groups, community programs and maybe the varius Armed Forced Cadet forces. "What can you do son?" " I can play the trumpet" "Hmm interesting but not really a useful skill in banking is it?"

Does MilitantDogOwner have kids?

No and what difference does that make?

Does MilitantDogOwner have kids?

You mean like Gary Glitter?

So is that an off hand accusation of child molestation? Because your the second on this thread in the space of 2 days to make such an accusation and its starting to really annoy me.

Archived