Brass Band Shakedown

MilitantDogOwner

Yes I am the kind of bloke that moans about kids hanging around on street corners. How about they join something useful in later life like work skill groups, community programs and maybe the varius Armed Forced Cadet forces. "What can you do son?" " I can play the trumpet" "Hmm interesting but not really a useful skill in banking is it?"

Why do you hate fun?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I am the kind of bloke that moans about kids hanging around on street corners. How about they join something useful in later life like work skill groups, community programs and maybe the varius Armed Forced Cadet forces. "What can you do son?" " I can play the trumpet" "Hmm interesting but not really a useful skill in banking is it?"

Why do you hate fun?

By whose definition yours or mine?

Neither. Your suggestion that kids activities should only be vocational shows what an irrational loon you are. What's wrong with kids doing something they enjoy that's constructive and will last them a lifetime? Playing in a band is a great social experience, it's rewarding, it's educational, and unlike so many things kids can learn, it's something you can be involved with your whole life. The guys who organise this stuff could just wallow in front of the TV, but they don't, they volunteer to teach kids to play and keep the bands going. It's an uphill struggle vs games consoles and t'internet, but they persevere, and I'm glad they do.

And if that means your missus misses 20 mins of bo-bo's once a year, then it's worth it.

Neither. Your suggestion that kids activities should only be vocational shows what an irrational loon you are. What's wrong with kids doing something they enjoy that's constructive and will last them a lifetime? Playing in a band is a great social experience, it's rewarding, it's educational, and unlike so many things kids can learn, it's something you can be involved with your whole life. The guys who organise this stuff could just wallow in front of the TV, but they don't, they volunteer to teach kids to play and keep the bands going. It's an uphill struggle vs games consoles and t'internet, but they persevere, and I'm glad they do.

And if that means your missus misses 20 mins of bo-bo's once a year, then it's worth it.

Sorry but the odd kid that learns the trumpet doesnt seem a worthwhile cause where as the ones I mentioned would not just help the kid but others around him. I know lets hold a survey of every school kid on the IOM. Who wants to learn the tuba and who wants to learn about using power tools, or finding out about how electricity works, or about the history and activities of the Army. Can kind of guess the out come, cant you?

I know lets hold a survey of every school kid on the IOM. Who wants to learn the tuba and who wants to learn about using power tools, or finding out about how electricity works, or about the history and activities of the Army. Can kind of guess the out come, cant you?

Learn how to play the trumpet before you join the army and then instead of getting dead on the front line you can wear a nice red uniform with a posh hat and shiny shoes (far nicer than that olive green) and travel the world with the marching band. ;)

Sorry but the odd kid that learns the trumpet doesnt seem a worthwhile cause where as the ones I mentioned would not just help the kid but others around him. I know lets hold a survey of every school kid on the IOM. Who wants to learn the tuba and who wants to learn about using power tools, or finding out about how electricity works, or about the history and activities of the Army. Can kind of guess the out come, cant you?

Playing music vs DIY, lessons or History? Yes, I can guess the outcome. You got kids?

This is all pretty pointless. You think music is worthless, many people don't. These bands wouldn't exist otherwise.

As the famous Kiki Dee once said

Ain't got no trouble in my life,

No foolish dream to make me cry.

I'm never frightened or worried,

I know I'll always get by.

I heat up

I cool down

When something gets in my way I go round it.

Don't let life get me down

Gonna take life the way that I found it.

AND WHY IS THIS MISS KIKI DEE.................................................................IT'S BECAUSE........................................................

I got the music in me

I got the music in me

I got the music in me

I got the music in me

I got the music in me

I got the music in me

I agree with MDO and if you came around to my house and woke my kids up I too would be very p1ssed off. You can stick your crap brass band music up your ass and smoke on that cornet! I love music, play music and that tripe coming out of your twisted metal pipes is horrendous. Keep it to yourselves in a bunker or better still a hell hole in Calcutta! I am no troll! before you morons kick off.

Big Mike

Archived